FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS FRAME SLIDERS ON THEIR BUSA

TAZEONE

Registered
Does the right side sit differently then the left side?
Are the motor mounts not symmetrically even?
As long as it's like this on everyone else's i'm not worried.
but I just got mine FINALLY on and the left side
cuts into the bolt hole a little.

can someone please clarify or show pics of their left side BUSA with frame sliders?

THANKS

Indeed you are not crazy.. mine are the same way.. although I didn't cut into the bolt hole on the left side.. close, but not quite.

DAMN, SUCKS.....
OH WELL.

DOES YOUR LEFT SIDE STICK OUT LESS THAN THE RIGHT SIDE?
IT'S LIKE IF THIS BIKE EVER DROPS (GOD PLEASE I HOPE NOT) ON THE LEFT SIDE,
IT WON'T PROTECT poop
sad.gif

no, it'll protect it....but your stator cover might hit first....not to mention that your left side can might take a little scratch as well. And as for the left side sticking out less than the right, yeah it does. As for it not protecting the side, yeah it will.

If anything, see if you can get some 954 sliders. Those MFs stick out waay long.

Yup, what Pac says... left sticks out less... check this pic out.. shows the difference pretty well.

<!--EDIT|Haywood
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079571609 -->

busa_front_with_sliders.jpg

oh well, i guess i'm fine then if everyone else has it like that.......
shoot the R1 is even worse! it's like a ladder it's so off.

Ya I agree they are off from each other. The first set that I had the left peg is actually longer so they stick out the same about.

yup mine are just like that wish i would have known that first as well. seems like lp could have corrected that huh?

yeah i just cut my left fairing today and accidentally went into the bolt hole it looks like crap but after the last wreck i had i'm never riding without frame sliders again

The aluminum sliders I got from 58cycle on ebay are quite nice, especially since the left side slider is a good 1/2-3/4 inch longer than the right side slider to compensate for the problems you guys are discussing.

PacificBusa is exactly right. I have had some experience (unfortunately) dropping the bike on the left side and that's just what happened. The mirror can get a little scratched as well. Won't do without them though!

Back