For all of you gun lovers

That entire article is amazing, but something that stood out at the bottom of page 1...After the scope reorients itself and the trigger is pulled the gun does not fire until the reticle is lined up again. An amazing rifle!

"To actually send a round downrange to the target, you depress the weapon's trigger. This doesn't cause the weapon to immediately fire, though—the reticle turns red, and while keeping the trigger held down, you must align the reticle with the tagged pip. Once the pip and the reticle coincide, the weapon fires."

The tech is cool and it may increase your X ring percentile but I've witnessed folks with open sight M1 Garands made sixty yrs ago do that. I myself have shot 1k matches with an M1a and made hits on similar size targets. If more time was spent actually creating shooters than hi tech guns we could save 15,000 per weapon. Natl Match grade Garand with a Krieger barrel can be had for 2k.

Tell the troops of WWII to storm a beach with an iPad! :rofl:

Ive always wanted a digital scope with a video feature to record my shots but nothing out there right now is worth the price their asking in my opinion. This idea of using the tagging laser to coincide with the scopes optics is pretty slick but I dont like the firing mechanism. Your basically replacing the art of body position, breathing and trigger control with a kind of dead mans switch that allows the trigger to engage the mechanism when the operator drags the rifle over the correct trajectory. It might be geewiz and cool but any practicing shooter with a knowledge of ballistics and a decent trigger finger can accomplish the same thing. Honestly I would take my 90 year old Winchester 54 in the same caliber over the XS with or without the digital scope.

No funny fangled tech, no iPad, no problem, X ring at 1k....:whistle:

Something immensely soothing about the background sound on the video.
Outdoor rifle ranges I could live on.

No funny fangled tech, no iPad, no problem, X ring at 1k....:whistle:

Something immensely soothing about the background sound on the video.
Outdoor rifle ranges I could live on.

To win the Kewpie doll can you tell the caliber and cartridge used by him stating his bullet weight and grains of powder? I know what it is. And extra credit if you know the burn rate and brand of powder.

I shot 1 of these at this years SHOT show. HOLY COW talk about taking the equation of of long range shooting. just comes with a good price tag.

To win the Kewpie doll can you tell the caliber and cartridge used by him stating his bullet weight and grains of powder? I know what it is. And extra credit if you know the burn rate and brand of powder.

It's a custom made Remington .308 like mine. :)
No clue on powder.

Back