For all Newbies

Sirissac

Registered
I am not used to a bike that sits as low as the Busa. I am used to driving up onto curbs and onto the sidewalk. The other night when I was working I wanted my bike to be a little closer to the building so I drove up onto the curb, with no problems and parked the bike. When I left work however it was different. I drove my bike off a slightly higher curb and I heard a loud pop. I parked and looked the bike over, fearing I busted up something under the bike, but couldn't see anything because it was too dark. Later upon further inspection I found my center under cowling to be broken. It's only 35 bucks, so I can't ##### too much, but it could have been worse. Hope this helps.

I ride mine over a regular street curb every time I go for a ride, ive had no problems....perhaps you hit the curb at an angle?

mines lowered I can barely go over tracks without lifting my a$$ off the seat to walk it over. If I did the whole curb thing I would definately cave the headers in and probably crush the front fairings.

I have always tried to avoid the curbs on my bikes and in my vehicles!

I drive an SUV and used to ride an SV... nothing like jumping a curve
cool.gif

I am not used to a bike that sits as low as the Busa.  I am used to driving up onto curbs and onto the sidewalk.  The other night when I was working I wanted my bike to be a little closer to the building so I drove up onto the curb, with no problems and parked the bike.  When I left work however it was different.  I drove my bike off a slightly higher curb and I heard a loud pop.  I parked and looked the bike over, fearing I busted up something under the bike, but couldn't see anything because it was too dark.  Later upon further inspection I found my center under cowling to be broken.  It's only 35 bucks, so I can't ##### too much, but it could have been worse.  Hope this helps.
Just be sure to wheelie off all curbs
umnik.gif

okay 4 1/2 ground clearance 6 inch standard curbs see the difference, its not a jeep, Just funnin glad thats all the damage you got.

I go really slow on curbs... put both my feet down, and make sure that the suspension does not act too much!! That really helps... Raising the rear of the busa has also helped
smile.gif

I just don't do it on the 'busa.. it's not like it's a "have too" thing.. well 99% of the time... and that 1% of the time I ain't gonna be worried about popping a fairing.. hehe.. it'll be cause i'm trying to protect my own ass..

now on the ducati.. hehe it's on! after ya get used to the 'busa the 380pnd duc feels like a mountain bike with better brakes. Plus its a monster so no fairings to worry about. Just the horizontal header pipe could possibly get scratched, squished a little.

I'm way too overprotective with my bike to be driving over curbs...if I want to jump curbs I'll get my banshee out >8\

Back