Foot Ball

what the heck is wrong with the Raiders ? ?
gannon has his head in the wrong place or somethin.. cant shake it either.

mad.gif
fireskull.gif

Yeah that sucked.. but the good news is San Diego lost so were still good for the AFC west championship.. and playoffs..

Was good to see them still having a chance after the terrible first half. The defense still looks good.

I suppose we can look for the bright side of this and say.. ok.. We needed to get that last loss of the season out of the way. Kinda hard to win 9-10 games straight afterall.

Thats how many it would have taken to win the super bowl from this point without losing a game for the raiders..

I know it doesn't really help alot.. but it's the only good thing I could think of.
glare.gif

oh.. my Super Bowl prediction..

GB/Oak - Oakland kills FAVRE, and wins big!

haha!

Prediction the day the Raiders make it back to the Super Bowl Gannon kicks the the bucket. (heart attack and old age) Jeriatric Rice can't go (arthritis and old age) and Tim Brown run out of Depends. Farve torches them with ease.
tounge.gif
director.gif

O.K., let's just get real for a minute. I am a self-proclaimed football guru and here's what's likely to happen. Let's start with the NFC: As much as I hate to admit it, my 49ers won't make it simply because the defense is too banged up and the offense can't get any consistency. I am almost inclined to put the Saints in the hunt, but they make too many stupid mistakes when the game is on the line. Atlanta doesn't have a solid enough running game to make it past the first round. The NFC belongs to whoever gets the homefield advantage between Green Bay and Tampa Bay.

Now for the AFC: The Titans are playing some great football. As much as I like Miami's defense, they will choke in the second round. San Diego and Pittsburgh don't play consistently enough on defense to make it past the first round. Denver just needs to start over. Kansas City's 29th ranked defense will keep them sitting in front of the television. The New York Jets need just one more solid wide receiver to go along with Chad Pennington's great arm. NO MORE MIRACLES for New England. I'm predicting the same in the AFC. Whoever gets homefield advantage between Oakland and Tennessee will make it to the Super Bowl. If Tennessee stays healthy, I predict the Titans though.

Super Bowl prediction: Tampa Bay vs. Tennessee

I hope this helps everyone out and try to be more realistic. I am a die hard 49er fan and I would be terribly surprised if they make it out of the first round. Although the AFC is a toss-up, I see some strong end-of-season rallies.

Brian

beerchug.gif

WOOHOOO!!! Won my company's football pool today for the first time this year!!!
I have run the football pool here for 3 years, and win at least 5 weeks every year. This year, just once!! wtf? Too hard to call I am guessing. Oh, and the week I win is the smallest pot so far, too!!  
argue.gif

beerchug.gif

I have run the football pool here for 3 years, and win at least 5 weeks every year. This year, just once!! wtf? Too hard to call I am guessing. Oh, and the week I win is the smallest pot so far, too!!  
argue.gif
Hey Cache,

That reminds me of something familiar. We have a pool at work that pays out approx. $160/wk. with a highest win percentage payoff of $640 at the season's end. Now for the fun stuff. There is this guy at Grumman (it's an air park here that repairs large airplanes) that puts together a weekly pool that pays out approx. $3000/wk. That's right! $3000/wk. Me and two other guys put together and purchase 4 or 5 sets of picks and play the odds. We had won 2 weeks in row and a total of 3 times for the year. How ya like me now??? You know what would be fun is if the people here at HOG would get together and start a SuperBowl pool. That would be fun and I would be game to gettin' it going. What do you think? Think we would be breaking some sacred board rules or something?

Brian

beerchug.gif

argue.gif
Hey Cache,

That reminds me of something familiar. We have a pool at work that pays out approx. $160/wk. with a highest win percentage payoff of $640 at the season's end. Now for the fun stuff. There is this guy at Grumman (it's an air park here that repairs large airplanes) that puts together a weekly pool that pays out approx. $3000/wk. That's right! $3000/wk. Me and two other guys put together and purchase 4 or 5 sets of picks and play the odds. We had won 2 weeks in row and a total of 3 times for the year. How ya like me now??? You know what would be fun is if the people here at HOG would get together and start a SuperBowl pool. That would be fun and I would be game to gettin' it going. What do you think? Think we would be breaking some sacred board rules or something?

Brian

Brian, I think we have enough Football fans here to make something of a Super Bowl pool/pickboard, or something of that nature. I wouldn't have time to do it, but if you're up to it, I'm game. If you want to hash out the details, let me know what you intend to do with it, then we can start a special thread for that game. Sounds like fun!

Would be okay here as long as it is not "gambling". Let me know how you want to do it first by private message, or email me at cache@hayabusa.org

Cache.

Sorry Bacharles I mostly agree but, even if the Bucs make the NFC Championship Game I'll still take the Pack. Revenge is sweet. I'm sorry but I still can't pick believe in anything run by Brad Johnson GO FAVRE PACKERS RULE!!!!!!!

how bout dem COWBOYS.

ok so their in a building year or some excuse..

no matter who you like no one hates the cowboys...yep yep
biggrin.gif

for today's Saturday matchups... here are my pics...

Miami over Minnesota
49'ers over Arizona
Pilly over Dallas

Hey, I picked all away teams for today!!!

wow.gif

-watching Raider/Bronco game as he types.

Raiders up 21-0

Did Denver forget to come to Oakland for this game or what?

No matter!

Go Raiders!!!

Back