Follow up to Mike1180 poll...

Dr E

Donating Member
Registered
I wanted to post my reply to Mike1180's poll here as I was afraid it would be lost in the other section. Why? I really feel that Mike hit on an issue that is near and dear to all of us...how to we keep the ORG going and help to reduce the friction that has been happening lately. I do not profess to have all the answers, rather I have one idea. I am trying to be an optimist in a pessimistic time...

People leaving and people having their feeling hurt by negative comments...

I wish I could say this is unique to this site...sadly it is not. This type of discussion is occurring on forums all around the world. My simple answer is I believe this is a global funk we all have gotten into.

War, money, family, political, religious all kinds of issues we are all dealing with and not of them seem to be getting any better. When you turn on the news it is mainly bad news, when you go to work, most people don't have anything good to say, when you come home, while we try to be patient with our families...the pressure we are facing outside of home comes inside. Then we get on line and bam! We tend to respond to folks based on the same attitude we are being assailed with all day long.

How do you fix that? You don't. How do you change it? You don't. There is no way that one person can change everyone else but there is hope!

You can change yourself...and by taking on personal responsibility for everything you do and you do alone. This begins to effect everything around you. Proof? How many times have you gone to work and had somebody say something negative just when you walk through the door! It takes the wind out of your sails, but when you have had someone say something positive at the start of a day...somehow you are able to let a lot of the little things go by the side.

I am not trying to be overly simplistic but rather what I would like to offer is a challenge. They say it takes us two weeks of changed behavior to make a new process stick. As such, I would offer up a two week challenge to all of us here in that we make zero negative replies about anything!

That on every post we reply to we only take a positive approach and we have at least one good thing to say about the person who posted up the thread!

If you read the post and can not in find anything positive to say...close the thread and move to another thread! Then at the end of the two weeks, lets have an open thread discussion about how everyone sees things going here. If we see positive changes, let's extend the challenge for another two weeks. I am not looking to change your opinion on what you think, feel or believe...just that we try to bring a more positive light to our home here

Again, this is about personal responsibility, not assigning blame or looking at others and saying "YOU...Your the problem"! If we each take care of ourselves and let others take care of themselves...WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Come on guys we are all in this together, we only get on chance at living life, why not leave something good in the wake of where you walk by rather than harsh words, crass comments. Negative words no matter how tough we want to be on the outside hurt. We share a common love of bikes, let's build on the good that we have going here...please!

My comment to Mike1180: Thank you for taking the time to post up this thread and ask the question of how to save the group. You see something is happening and you want to seek a solution. Hats off to you brother for starting this...let's see if we can carry this on.

Kind and wise words, Thank You. :bowdown:
That was the intention of the thread I started, and I hope we can all put into practice what you have said.

I wish I could say this is unique to this site...sadly it is not. This type of discussion is occurring on forums all around the world. My simple answer is I believe this is a global funk we all have gotten into.

War, money, family, political, religious all kinds of issues we are all dealing with and not of them seem to be getting any better. When you turn on the news it is mainly bad news, when you go to work, most people don't have anything good to say, when you come home, while we try to be patient with our families...the pressure we are facing outside of home comes inside. Then we get on line and bam! We tend to respond to folks based on the same attitude we are being assailed with all day long.

I could not agree more with this statement. I have had to really cut down on my posts because I know that the daily beating I receive at work has a direct affect of my attitude when I log on the internet. No one deserves to be in my warpath because I am extremely mad, frustrated, and evil from work. Not to mention all the other issues that life seems to throw at you at the exact same time. It all culminates on people being able to use the anonymity of the web to let loose on some venting and such.

Very well put DrE. I have held back a few times so, maybe this will work for some others.........

Sometimes I see a post that raises my hair. I look at it and would otherwise respond, but I go to another thread and do some more reading, by the time I am ready to respond to the hair raiser, I have calmed down and just leave it alone..............But that is how I deal with it.

First off well said sir! Second Chris you are always sharing the love to everyone so I dont think you are done lol!

Back