FMU, fuel pump install help needed

SxLxAxVxExN

Registered
Hi guys, I posted this last night but for some reason the post disappeared
rock.gif

Anyways.. All the fabricating is finished and the only things left are the Bosch E2000 fuel pump, the vortech FMU and the oil line for the turbo.
What I need to know is how is the FMU and the fuel pump installed and in what order and such. Pics would be the best help
laugh.gif

Also about the oil feed for the turbo, what do most of you do? The stock oil cooler WILL STAY.

This is the fmu that I have:
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product.php?p=31&cat_key=5

And the fuel pump is that Bosch E2000 from Autozone.
also How much boost can this pump take? Will it be safe for 8 psi?

Thanks in advance for all the help, and I hope to have the bike running by the weekend
heart.gif

Do a search for the FMU. I remember seeing some diagrams recently. As far as the Fuel pump. I would go with something like a Vortech T-Rex. I have had very good performance with the T-Rex. Compare the flow with what youa can get on the Bosch. I am not familiar with the modle number for the Bosch.

I tried searching but couldn't find anything helpful, I always search before i post.. that explains the small amount of posts.
Just need to know if I have to T into the fuel line somewhere before the fuel rail? I'm clueless on where this goes.

I tried searching but couldn't find anything helpful, I always search before i post.. that explains the small amount of posts.
Just need to know if I have to T into the fuel line somewhere before the fuel rail? I'm clueless on where this goes.
which of the vortech fmu's did you get
what ratio or did you get the super fmu?
the super fmu will allow you to adjust the PF the others will require you to get a FP reg
the 6:1 would work better for a lower boost busa
you run the fmu at the end of the fueling routing (this would be where id put it)

by the way i had posted to this but it appears quite a few posts have ben lost
rock.gif

i never got any pm's
dunno.gif

the fmu is the one pictured i have no clue on the specs of it.
i just need to know where it goes? The bike doesn't have a return line so how does this work? Do I Tee it somewhere on the line before the fuel rail?

i never got any pm's
dunno.gif

the fmu is the one pictured i have no clue on the specs of it.
i just need to know where it goes? The bike doesn't have a return line so how does this work? Do I Tee it somewhere on the line before the fuel rail?
your return is to be the fuel line feed from the stock on the newer tanks
you have to make a new feed line (outlet from tank)
it goes from the fmu to the return you create from the old feed

the fmu pictured is a standard fmu (i dont know the ratio but needs to be 6:1)
you will need a regulator to adjust the fuel pressure

i was told that the ratio on that fmu is 12:1 but im not sure. If it doesnt work I'll just order a begi or something that'll work. At this point I just wanna start the bike and bring it home, then the fuel stuff can be changed once shes home.

We have put many turbo kits together piece by piece we use the BEGI FMU usually get it from Richard at RCC Turbos as his already come with the upgraded washer that won't crack. We use the Bosch 044 Fuel Pump as well. They seem to work awesome.

We have put many turbo kits together piece by piece we use the BEGI FMU usually get it from Richard at RCC Turbos as his already come with the upgraded washer that won't crack. We use the Bosch 044 Fuel Pump as well. They seem to work awesome.
Richard quit selling the Begi's,he now sells one made for RCC,this is the best FMU out there.

i was told that the ratio on that fmu is 12:1 but im not sure. If it doesnt work I'll just order a begi or something that'll work. At this point I just wanna start the bike and bring it home, then the fuel stuff can be changed once shes home.
Ive heard the Super FMU is a very nice FMU from vortech

yeah this one isn't even adjustable. So I guess I'll be buying a FMU now.
But shes almost ready. i cant freakin wait.
thanks for the help guys, i really appreciate it
beerchug.gif

The none adjustable vortech you don't want and you need a 6:1 not 12 the vortech super is a good unit but is a bunch more money than the begi there is a lot of kits out there with the begi that are working good, best bet would be the begi or the one from RCC and the bosch 44 is also a good piece

Yeah I'll give richard at RCC a call on monday and order one. Don't have much of a choice. I wish i could get rid of my nitrous and the pipes so i have some money. Anybody have a used one?

Okay guys I ended up getting the vortech super fmu. Now how do i install this?
Can i do it without making a new return line to the tank? Anyone have instructions on how to install this sucka?
thanks

you will need a return line to your tank
are you tryin to run on the stock pump?
it wont handle the power and will not keep up
the fmu restricts the return to raise the fuel pressure

Back