Flying Swan Coffeehous first motorcycle cafe

flying swan

Never Forgotten
Hi Everyone,
My name is Julia. I'm from Vancouver, BC. I run what is considered the only motorcycle cafe in the province. I love motorcycles, I have three of them but my favorite is my Busa. In fact, all my t-shirts have the busa logo on them. That's my trademark. There are not many people that have busas in BC. There are definitely no women that I know of. My boyfriend Bogdan and I have matching silver and blue busa. It's quite a sight.Anyways, what makes this place special, it's not just the food. But the food is very good, because I'm have a food back ground and have been on television doing cooking shows in the past. The reason it is such a special place is because we promote and support the motorcycle community. I will show you by posting pictures of our live. Here is the first one. Me in front of my cafe. We have dealers drop in all the time, letting ride their latest bikes. Here is me on a VROD.

vrodflyingswancoffeehouse2002.jpg

Every year we hold an event called Motorcycle Mondays. I pick two monday out of the month to fund raise for different organizations that promote and support motorcycle safety or awareness. My first year I raised $1800. for an organization called BCCOM (British Columbia Coaliation for Motorcycles). This a group that lobbies for motorcycle rights. The Second year I raised money for a group called AIM(Association for Injuried Motorcyclist). There are between 70 to over 100 bikes that show up for this event. I charge people $10. for coffee and dessert. At each of these events I have my girls take pictures with the riders that show up so it makes it fun for everyone. Here is a picture of Jody, Stephen and Lisa.

InfrontoftheSwan2001.jpg

Sounds like you have a great little business going on there. Glad you chose Hayabusa.org to hang out. Many members will visit you and thank you for your generosity. Hopefully you can come south and do the same, hang out, ride, tell stories. If you really have promoters showing up at your Cafe, then you must be doing a great job!
beerchug.gif

I don't have my own business, but do well anyway. Hope to meet you sometime. "Ciao"
biggrin.gif

The Swan is a gathering place for alot of riders.
We have many clubs in Vancouver such as BCSportsbikes, BC Beemers, Free Wheeling, etc etc. Most of these clubs know about my little place and use our place as a meeting place. After most of the rides, I invite people to come place to my place (I live on top of the restaurant) for a bq and bike wash. It just adds to the fun of the ride.

So far, YOU ROCK!

Thinker62 lives in the Portland, Or area, and I am just east of Portland in the Columbia River Gorge. We will have to ride up and check out your kool bike digs sometime this spring before Laguna.

Really must thank you again for the nice invites! Do we get a discount??
biggrin.gif

After each ride we have a regular stopping point where all riders met for a coffee. That Starbucks on Thurlow and Robson. If you come to Vancouver and you want to met up with me but are unsure of how to get to my place. I could tell you to go to the Starbucks on Robson and Thurlow and anybody you met could help you get there. When you get there you'll see hundreds of bikes parked in front. It's our posing spot.

Starbucks.jpg

Oh Cache, I'll feed you for free.
Here is a picture of my inside...I used to display art work that was related to bikes. My girlfriend Lesley Gering..who is motogirl in the Inside Motorcycle Magazine..she writes a column in it, is also an artist. Here is here stuff.

muralwall2001witboys.jpg

what time of the year was those photos taken?? ?? ? ??

Just saying, must have been summer to be that nice, could be wrong too. Just thinkin..

Julia, my name is Chris ..
as you've seen, lots of nice ppl here. Thanks again for the generosity. The Hayabusa.org members will be visiting you!!
biggrin.gif

Hey Chris,
You're right that was summer. I have to tell you we had an incredible year of riding. We rode from February all the way through to December. It's been dry and very mild this year. Anyways, our group organizes 5 long weekend ride a year. We do the Laguna ride in July, in august have an event called Sportsbike West. they have a website www.sportsbikewest.com that you can log onto. It's not anything as big as Laguna but the roads up there are incredible. Here a picture.

Sportsbikewest2002.jpg

Back