Flying into the eye of the storm..West Palm to Larnaca and beyond...prayers needed

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Well for those of you who may remember the https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/126428-bummer-email-my-dad.html.

Pops is home now and healthy enough he thinks he can handle seeing Adam so off we go. Next friday Adam and I leave to Cyprus for 3 weeks to visit him. I think holding his grandson may pump a lil more life into him.
But from there on June 4th I alone am scheduled to fly into Afg and on to Bagram for business to see if I can get a couple things straightened out.
This is what worries me.
Insurgents attack U.S.-run Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan - USATODAY.com
Seems I have picked or rather they have given me a window of entry right in the middle of a storm.
Last summer my company completed a contract for the US mil for several large field generators. For some reason even though probs have been sorted I still cannot get proper release to invoice for payment.
I have done all I can here to try to rectify things but it seems a face to face is called for.
I will be travelling as a civilian contractor and will not be inside of a base during my stay nor will I be in uniform with others in same backing me up.
I cant sleep , cant think and am again as always when I go to this part of the world scared crapless.
Before you ask. The GoPro and other cams will be going with me to Cyprus but I will not take nor will be allowed to have any communication devices or handheld things in Afg for obvious reasons.

Simply ask for a prayer that I make it in and out safely and all goes well.

Thank you

Re: Flying into the eye of the storm..West Palm to Larnaca and beyond...prayers neede

God bless and God speed Saiid. Similar situation with one of my old high school friends, wouldn't let him carry a weapon either. Prayers for your safe return.

Re: Flying into the eye of the storm..West Palm to Larnaca and beyond...prayers neede

Well be prayin for you

God bless and God speed Saiid. Similar situation with one of my old high school friends, wouldn't let him carry a weapon either. Prayers for your safe return.

Dmrowe thanks . The weapon part is the least of my concern .
As much as I am into carrying here I will have a minimum of four around me who make me feel fine .
I am competent but in that situation it is best to let the pros or expros do their job.

Dmrowe thanks . The weapon part is the least of my concern .
As much as I am into carrying here I will have a minimum of four around me who make me feel fine .
I am competent but in that situation it is best to let the pros or expros do their job.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I was going to ask and hope that you had some personal protection with you. That is what they are trained and get paid for, your job is just to come home safe!

:beerchug:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I was going to ask and hope that you had some personal protection with you. That is what they are trained and get paid for, your job is just to come home safe!

:beerchug:

My father and I have been using same South African or Russian teams for yrs now . They come here from time to time but they are they kind who feel right at home amidst chaos .
The place I will stay will be one of their choosing and when I need to pee they will tell me where to do it :laugh:
I trust them with my life as I have no choice .
They are absolute brutes as well as good friends .
But man can they drink !

+1 on the Russkies and So. Africans they know their business and people learn from experience not to mess with them.

You sound like you have a pretty good team from your description of, they feel right at home amidst chaos. Good luck and take all the advice your team gives you and you have my prayers.

we be praying for you.
God bless!
God is good he's always good!

Saiid, you be careful over there! I'm looking forward to hearing good news about your Dad, but I fully expect for you to get back safe to tell it. You'll be taking a lot of prayers with you. :thumbsup:

Saiid, you be careful over there! I'm looking forward to hearing good news about your Dad, but I fully expect for you to get back safe to tell it. You'll be taking a lot of prayers with you. :thumbsup:

Thank you.
You know whats really funny about the whole thing ?
There aint one durn decent burger place there!
:rofl:

I'm skinny man.
I can eat a 40oz ribeye and a loaded baked potatoe and get hungry on the way home.
My metabolism runs faster than an Olympic sprinter.
Everytime I go all I think about is food...
2 days in I myself will be ready to kill for an Arby's sammich !
:laugh:

Any chance on doing your business with a conference call or maybe have mercs do it for you while you stay home ???

Praying for you and for your trip here also. God Bless You.

Any chance on doing your business with a conference call or maybe have mercs do it for you while you stay home ???

All avenues have been exhausted.
I need ink signature on some things to be able to invoice for payment.
The 'mercs' are not familiar enough with things to carry a convo on it.
They do what they do and I will do what I do.
Hoping for a 2-3 day trip is all. After that I'm outta there no matter what.

be safe

Back