Flying Higher than Bussa\'

OB_ducmanic

Registered
Pulling up i change down for the oncoming wall of warped sound. As the view shifts to a
tighter wave of power i feel my body pulled towards the front. Exhaling slowly i walk
outside and look for bussa'. Tonight ORG has become a whirl pool of ebbing emotion and
pent up hostility. Wow-Some peoples bikes must still not run, Other people must not be
having the weekend they planned. So much misdirected anger. Decades of talent being
blown off in cheap one shot assaults of character, doubt and accusation. Not cool guys-Our cyber tribe has become a fragmented reflection of our incomplete lives. Lets all
squelch just one accusation or hold back our next contrary opinion. Maybe, just maybe we
can just love our bikes. That's what this forum is- an Alter to the great Hayabusa.
Remember?
ducmanic
Los Angeles

Well said Duc, you nailed it.

Some times the knee jerk reactions tend to escalate things faster than intended. Many times people can key in some thing they would not say face to face. In the haste to respond, basic respect goes out the window. Then the insults start. It's fine to joke around, but it tends to get a little out there some times. Real life loses perspective. I have to go bury a friend tomorrow. None of this cyber junk even comes close to the real world. Funerals suck.

Sometimes stream of consciousness is the best mode of thinking and maybe...just maybe the duck has hit the nail on the head?

Only DP can answer this.....

Way to go Duc. I have to admit my own interest in checking this site often has waned with the level of, to be frank, crap that has cropped up. I might have to resort to only coming when needed and scan to see if my question was ever asked and answered by somebody else.

Stream of conciousness . . . perhaps good when brainstorming for a project, but not for communicating to others through a stunted medium like the Internet. Stream of conciousness requires only the basest elements of the brain to be functioning. The output might be good for working on a topic with yourself, but subjecting everyone else to it is really annoying. Thinking out what is to be said, and taking a serious breath before farting out inocuous insults requires additional elements of the brain that I know we all have. Let's see those getting used more.

And on the topic of motorcycles, which is why I come here. I damn glad there are a lot of motorocycles, and that they aren't the same. I want to be able to stop and admire someone else's ride often for the bike's sake, not ego's sake. It's not a case of who's bad, and who's not. That's BAD IMHO. It's really a case of riders, their love of motorcycles, and why they love the two-wheeled creature they command.

My hat goes off to bikes who love roads, riders that love their bike, no matter what the hell it is, and the road that loves the rider for appreciating it for what it is . . . a strip of asphault or concrete typically surrounded by the varied sights of a beautiful thing we call Nature.

Ride for the love of it, not for some materialistic need to be 'holier than thou.'

Ducmanic, Dingo
Thanks guys, this is what it's all about. In Europe we have a custom, waving one hand (not the fist) to a fellow oncoming motorcycle rider, I do it regardless of brand, size or color, couldn't dream of bashin or bad talk a guy for his choice of bike, and if a guy stands near the road I do stop to see if something is wrong.
I personally like lots of different bikes, but I do come on this board for info on the Busa. I'm not scared that the ZX-12 will be faster, if not this bike, another will appear on the scene sometime in the future. The overall speed was not my top priority for buying the Busa, but it was the best alternative to my FJ1200 in my humble opinion.
I love riding my bike and love the company of other bikers.

Darn, I was afraid that might happen when I reread my post afterwards. Normally I'm the one who thrives on correcting people. 8-)

Back