flow master super 10s

dragonbusa

Registered
So i built a new exhaust system for the mustang, mac shorty headers 2 1/2" off road H pipe with super 10 flow masters 2 1/4" over the axle and out the back. It sounds wicked when your on the gas but the interior drone at cruizing speed 55-65 is obnoxious:banghead: I was thinking on getting some header wrap and putting three of four layers around the mufflers, think it would help? got any Ideas? Ive got $120 in these mufflers and i hate to buy another set.

Sell your Rustang and get a good car? :laugh: Not sure what to tell ya, the harmonics can be difficult to insulate properly...might wanna look at how the exhaust system is mounted into the car, and/or dynamat'ing the floorboards and rear bulkhead.

I don't think header wrap will help. Flomasters are notorious for the cruising speed drone. Get a pair of magnaflo's or a good sound system.

Change the gears in the rearend(to get the highway cruising rpm's up or down)...or change mufflers:laugh:
Classic Mustang/ 1 or 2 chamber Flowmaster drone(3 chamber FM's aren't bad).
Dynamat helps, but won't drown it out enough.
Header wrap will do nothing.

Chambered mufflers have drone. H pipe makes a deeper sound. You've chosen everything to create drone. Buy some resonator type mufflers is your only hope. Or fender exit it ftw

Run a Magnapack right after the flowmasters. It tones it down below 2700rpm and gives it a real nice grunt but still screams up top.

Uhm.. Everybody into Fox bodies knows that 2 chamber flows will drone you to death in a 5.0.. I learned that a long time ago. You will have to alter the dynamics of the exhaust and could do so easily with a pair of shorty glasspacks ahead of the flows, say in the place that the cats would be in. That or getting creative with researching noise/wave cancellation physics after consulting an exhaust company. If you looked at the OEM mufflers, you may have noticed that they are not the same size. That is designed to create the opposing sound wave that results in harmonic cancellation.

$130 a peice? no thanks

Just run a bullet style muffler after them then. I only used Magnapacks because I had them laying around. That's back when I was running Bassani headers, x-pipe, 1 chamber flowmasters and a magnapack on the end. Trust me, it's a pretty f'ing good sound.

Here is my 2.5 Flowmaster 40 system. Yep they drone some all flows do I just live with it for the sound I love rest of the time. Or speed up or slow down.

exhausted 008.jpg

Back