Florida

vinnycr2

Donating Member
Registered
Just returned Saturday night from a 10 day trip to Orlando.

Disney and Seaworld.

$1,900.00 + $472.00 airfare for 4 people ( wife me and my 2 girls ) including lodging for 9 nights at Corronado Springs Resort which is a moderate Resort, passes to Blizzard Beach Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Quest and the best part, Dining included. We did not go hungry. We could eat at all but the most expensive places. All total with purchased passes to Seaworld and sovenairs a little over $3,000.00.

Ohanas at the Polynesian Resort is a must do. We woddled out of there. Excellent all you can eat. Large peel and eat Shrimp, not the wimpy small kind you get at the typical oriental all you can eat. Steak and pork on skewers, large ckicken wings, Salad, deserts and non alcoholic beverages.

8 of the 10 days were 90 or better with Moderate to high humidity. I like the weather just the way it is here in New England.

You get tired of the heat ( which doesn't take long for me ) fall arrives. Tired of the leaves, Winter rolls in ( but so ends the riding season ). Tired of the snow, ice, sand and salt along with major riding Withdrawal, Spring arrives. Then the process starts all over again with Summer.

You know you wont be complaining in 2 months!!!!!!

Awww, it's not too bad with year round riding weather. Besides the 3 or 4 cold days, you know, when it might creep down to the 40's or 50's. During the rainy season ride early before the afternoon sprinkles move in. The warmer temps are just a trade off. Thanks for visiting & come back soon! Hey, ride down next time!!!
poke.gif

"Hey, ride down next time!!!"

Really? Isn't it true that there is only one corner in Florida? Somewhere around the Keys so people can turn around and head back north?
cool.gif

Hey, its what I heard!!!
biggrin.gif

I'm going to Disney World this Wednesday... and will be there for 4 days. Staying at the Port Orleans at Disney.

Then I'm going to Tampa to see some family... then Gainsville to see more family... then home to really start getting ready for the big move!

Thanks for the tip about the heat!!! I wasn't sure what it would be like this time of year... now I know.

(CBXRider @ Oct. 03 2006,00:45) "Hey, ride down next time!!!"

Really? Isn't it true that there is only one corner in Florida? Somewhere around the Keys so people can turn around and head back north?
cool.gif

Hey, its what I heard!!!
biggrin.gif
I joked about riding down. Didn't sit well with the wife
rock.gif

Glad you still had a good time Vin....
I remember you mentioning that you were going when we met on the run.
beerchug.gif

Heat?! What heat? Its been darn near chilly this last month.
smile.gif
(80's to mid  90's)

You want heat come back in June , July , August.
Those months we stand next to the exhaust just to cool down.  
wink.gif

And just to set the record straight . . .
We have 11 curves in 318 miles.
That's here in the Florida Alps.
tounge.gif

pirate.gif
Raider out.
P1503

As a modest bumper sticker I saw once read:
~Welcome to Florida .... NOW GET THE F*** OUT!!!~

Hahaha ... j/k

(brendanp @ Oct. 03 2006,05:34) Glad you still had a good time Vin....
I remember you mentioning that you were going when we met on the run.
beerchug.gif
Thanks Brendan.

I posted in the Geographic under the same topic that we got together on the last ride about trying to get another ride in before the season is over.

I'll take the lead.

RaiderDm I couldn't imagine June July or August.
AAAssjani.gif
I don't think I would do it even if it for for a free trip to a top notch resort. I would have to be in an air conditioned bubble at all times.
tounge.gif

oh how i love the hot weather and despise cold weather.
people in south flordia have it good.

Back