Florida

collateral

Registered
I am looking at setting up a Hayabusa for the drag strip with a turbo and some other mods, anyone know if there is anyone in or near Florida for this?

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

Thanks bro!

Another question, can turbo kits like the rcc have an on/off switch for the turbo? Sorry for the noob question my goal is to make a bike that I can go for day long rides on but also take to the drag strip so I wouldn't want to always be running the turbo

On/Off switch? No..sorry but you can install a boost controller to not let the boost climb too high and then switch it to a race mode for max boost if you are concerned about it. Personally I would just ride it straight up and be gentle on the throttle. But thats me

Keep it shiny side up!

-D

Were located in Houston, so not too far away.

But there's no on off switch, just turn the boost down. But that's all dependent on what kit you have. If it's just a stage 1, you'll want the 8psi all the time.

So I guess if I want more of an off on switch setup I would go with nos... I don't think I could get the same gains with that as I could with a stage 2 turbo though.

So I guess if I want more of an off on switch setup I would go with nos... I don't think I could get the same gains with that as I could with a stage 2 turbo though.

You can ask anyone with a stage one kit making 250hp if they wish they could turn the boost down on the street. If anything I'm willing to bet they want more. At least my customers do. Turbos are very predictable when your running one one the street. I wouldn't sweat it at all.

I am looking at setting up a Hayabusa for the drag strip with a turbo and some other mods, anyone know if there is anyone in or near Florida for this?

Don't know where in Fla you are but on the West Coast...
Ask for Donny, he may be able to direct you to who or how to go about your goals. He does my engine/tuning repair/needs that I cannot do myself.

Dynoworks - Home

Thanks bro!

Another question, can turbo kits like the rcc have an on/off switch for the turbo? Sorry for the noob question my goal is to make a bike that I can go for day long rides on but also take to the drag strip so I wouldn't want to always be running the turbo

If the bike is setup right, you don't have a reason to want it off. The bike will handle the power if build correct and it's as easy to ride as your throttle hand allows.

MPS Racing is in 380 Orange Lane - Casselberry, Florida 32707, very near Orlando. I believe they've raced a Hayabusa, or two...

Call Walter Sprout at ECS. He goes by Harold finklemyer on Facebook. Definitely someone to talk to

Johnny Turbo @ Exoticycle is the man to see in Florida.

He tuned my stage 1 last year and has built a bunch of bikes for friends. He mostly deals with velocity or rpm kits.

MPS doesn't do dyno tunes but they will steer you to those guys that they take their bikes to. Comically I live in Daytona and not a single dyno tech here for sport bikes. 5 expert Harley tuners but not one has ever thrown a busa on. I am going with Walter Sprout in Jax.

As you're doing your research, keep this in mind. Stage 1 Turbo or Stage 7 Turbo, supercharger, 10 shot of NOS or 1000 shot of NOS... the ultimate control is you. They bike will do only what you tell it to do.

I cant believe all the people I asked around here and nobody could tell me about that. Thank you, oh man thank you!

Back