Flip a plate

stangman327

Registered
I guess this would be for "off road" uses only :laugh:

Yesterday while I was riding I stopped over at the local riding hangout spot and noticed a guy didn't have a tag on his bike so when I asked about it he hit the switch...wow I said.

film EGlass switchable glass electrochromic - YouTube[/url]

FlipAplate.com License Plate Flippers

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the guy that makes them or owns the company lives in the n0rth Texas area, I was going to get one for the t0ll but there is no need for me to sense it rarely picks up bikes if you go under them right.

Good product though as long as you're not using it to rob banks :thumbsup:

The guy actually had the “electrochromic” tag window. He had a switch on his handle bar that when activated supplied a 12v current that made the tag disappear. He told me he to do a little modifying of the bracket (wasn’t waterproof) which sat in front of his tag.

It’s like $200 for the “disappearing” tag which is rather expensive but it’s awesome to actually see in person.

I did a search on that “smart glass” and it’s like $100 a square foot so I see why it cost so much money.

I guess it would “pay’ for itself going through the EZ-Pass enough times, lol

the problem is ur license plate has to be a couple inches away from the glass when it goes to smoke. u wud have to make a bracket to hold the plate cause it cant lean right up against the glass. its useless otherwise. so essentailly its only a partial kit.

the problem is ur license plate has to be a couple inches away from the glass when it goes to smoke. u wud have to make a bracket to hold the plate cause it cant lean right up against the glass. its useless otherwise. so essentailly its only a partial kit.

Don't know everything he did but whatever he did works very well.

The same company also makes a plate that just flips up. The smart film is nice but I dont know how durable it is or if it will last if you get caught in a rainstorm. Not to mention the juice it draws if say you forgot to turn it off and walk out to a bike with a dead battery.

Don't know everything he did but whatever he did works very well.
what exactly works well? did you see a license plate behind it when he turned it on and off? no of course you didnt because if the license plate was right up against it you would see it clearly which would defeat the whole purpose of buying it.

I bought one from another vendor and still have it in my garage. its easy to just turn it on and off to give the illusion that it works but it doesnt uness the license plate is at least 2-3 inches away from the glass which will require you to fab up a bracket. and its really bulky too. but go ahead and buy it and see for urself.

The same company also makes a plate that just flips up. The smart film is nice but I dont know how durable it is or if it will last if you get caught in a rainstorm. Not to mention the juice it draws if say you forgot to turn it off and walk out to a bike with a dead battery.

Yep, I was going to get the flip one

what exactly works well? did you see a license plate behind it when he turned it on and off? no of course you didnt because if the license plate was right up against it you would see it clearly which would defeat the whole purpose of buying it.

I bought one from another vendor and still have it in my garage. its easy to just turn it on and off to give the illusion that it works but it doesnt uness the license plate is at least 2-3 inches away from the glass which will require you to fab up a bracket. and its really bulky too. but go ahead and buy it and see for urself.

From the way he had his setup from my perspective it seemed to work very well. I guess from my initial surprise or glamour from seeing it I may have missed a few things. He hit the switch and the tag basically “disappearedâ€￾ behind the glass.

I’ll try to get a few pics or a video of it the next time I see it with his permission of course.

From what I can recall the plate was very close to the bracket/glass. I’ll agree that it is on the bulky side.

I apologize if my previous statement was offensive to you; I’m not here to offend anyone. *

Yeah, the guy that makes them or owns the company lives in the n0rth Texas area, I was going to get one for the t0ll but there is no need for me to sense it rarely picks up bikes if you go under them right.

Good product though as long as you're not using it to rob banks :thumbsup:

I glued my EZ Tag to the inside of my hump and even riding in the middle of the lane, it rarely gets picked up and billed. There's a nice smooth, straight stretch of tollway with little traffic (comparatively speaking) between me and the shop that makes it worth the money even if I get charged. The ticket for getting caught with one of those gadgets plus the price of buying it to begin with will pay a lot of $1.25 tolls. To each his own however.

From the way he had his setup from my perspective it seemed to work very well. I guess from my initial surprise or glamour from seeing it I may have missed a few things. He hit the switch and the tag basically “disappeared” behind the glass.

I’ll try to get a few pics or a video of it the next time I see it with his permission of course.

From what I can recall the plate was very close to the bracket/glass. I’ll agree that it is on the bulky side.

I apologize if my previous statement was offensive to you; I’m not here to offend anyone. *
oh ur not offended me cause if his works and you can get a better up close pic of how he has it set up I would love to see that. I just know that it cant be right up against the glass cause it just wont work if it is so id be curious to know how he has his set up. maybe with his it doesnt need to be as far away as the one I purchased but it appears to be the same technology.

I went back and looked at the one u posted and then I went out into my garage and looked at the one I had and the one u posted does seem to be thinner then the one I have so see what you can find out cause ive been lookn for one that works for quite some time now.

I just want to use it when I get off my bike so ppl cant take a picture of my plate and try to have azzhole friend at DMV run my plate to get my address thinkn he's gonna come to my place and steal my bike. its happened on more then one occassion trust me.

in fact, some guy was caught takn a pic of a Hells Angels plate at a local bike rally last year and lets just say it didnt end well for him. lotta skeezy ppl out there and if I can make my plate disappear while its parked I will.

The guy actually had the “electrochromic” tag window. He had a switch on his handle bar that when activated supplied a 12v current that made the tag disappear. He told me he to do a little modifying of the bracket (wasn’t waterproof) which sat in front of his tag.

It’s like $200 for the “disappearing” tag which is rather expensive but it’s awesome to actually see in person.

I did a search on that “smart glass” and it’s like $100 a square foot so I see why it cost so much money.

I guess it would “pay’ for itself going through the EZ-Pass enough times, lol

Does not help against a camera.

the electron-fogging one is so thick it looks stupid.
The flip plate is cool.
Mine mysteriously disappears when I slow down and blend in...:laugh:

Back