Flightradar24

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Download this free app and put in your location. Kinda cool seeing exactly what’s in the air above you. You can touch/click on any particular aircraft and a picture of it appears along with all its data, destination, speed, altitude etc.

Careful you might end up on a list..:fire:
Yeah, like 'America's Most Wanted' :firing:
250px-The_Hunt_with_John_Walsh_title_card.jpg

Haven’t seen anything over 509 kts ground speed even on the big long distance planes. Funny to see them at just 145 approaching an airport. Seems kinda slow for such big airliners.

Haven’t seen anything over 509 kts ground speed even on the big long distance planes. Funny to see them at just 145 approaching an airport. Seems kinda slow for such big airliners.
I work right next to the runway at ChCh Int. Airport and the A380 Airbus comes in and looks soooo slow it's gonna fall outta the sky! I guess it looks that way coz it's just so big. It's the scale of the thing, massive plane.

I have used this for some time now. Pretty cool app. Sometimes I see a strange 'new' airline and wonder where its from. Sometimes you can tell origin by its registration number, but not always. Just point the phone at it and it shows where its going!
Best use of this was when I was on vacation a few years ago in St. marteen, USVA. We were on the famous beach where planes land 50' above you. I could search the sky and find a large plane and know when it would arrive. Pretty fun.
Btw, most airlines take off and land around 160 kts (about 175 mph) based on weight and slat/flap type.
Its also fun when u see a contrail, point ur phone and then tell ur friends, "yep, that Delta 787 is on its way to Paris." People are like, wtf?!
Troy

Back