Flight

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
Saw the movie "Flight" tonight. This is a really good film. I wasn't sure what to expect going in but it makes a powerful statement about facing one's weaknesses. Danzel Washington is my favorite actor, but I don't think this was a better performance than "Training Day" or my favorite DW movie, "Crimson Tide" (amazing pairing of DW and Gene Hackman, one of my other favorites). The story has nothing to do with race, politics, etc. so it was a perfect escape for this weekend! I give it a 3 out of 4 stars and highly recommend it.

Guess I'll check it out. Denzel is also my favorite actor and Training day my favorite movie. Along with scarface

Wasn't there a 747 or similar flying upside down in the preview? That made me think it wasn't so good :lol:

I'm just saying......

Word is she is very smart and a really professional actor when on the job (no Lindsey self destruction stuff)

Danggit GNBRETT - you tricked me into hyjacking my own thread again!

esq-00-mila-kunis-1112-lg-70162807.jpg

Ill get it back on track...haha!

I love me some DW. I like all his movies but Fallen is my favorite. Ill have to check out this new one. What kept it from getting 5 stars for you?

Denzel is the man. I've never seen a movie with him in it that I did not like. Man on fire is one of my all time favorites. Unstoppable was cool too.

Ill get it back on track...haha!

I love me some DW. I like all his movies but Fallen is my favorite. Ill have to check out this new one. What kept it from getting 5 stars for you?

I don't think it was his best acting effort. Not that he did anything sub-par but there are amazing roles like training day where he was displaying mad acting skills. After thinking about it since yesterday, this one could get 5 stars relative to all movies, just not relative to DW films.

DW is a great actor, Eli one of my favs, will have to checkj it out. He is a good dude too, remember a story a while back he was visiting a Fisher house and on way out wrote a check for a huge amount (think it was half mil or a mil), no press just low key.

What ? Man On Fire, come on guys :poke:

This was one of my fav movies that he done. I also loved American Gangster. Come of to think of it I done think it is any movie he hasn't done I didn't like. I will have to check this one out as well :thumbsup:

Back