Flat spot on Avon Storm

bigblue

Registered
I have been very impressed with the Avom Storms until today. I have almost 6000 miles on them and plenty of tread left. I have been getting a low speed wobble for a coulpe weeks now. I have been searching and reading about this issue for weeks know. Some people were saying that it was the rear tire. So I finally looked really close at mine after I cleaned and lubed my chain. The middle is developing a flat spot and I have a high spot too. I hope this is causing my low speed wobble. I am going to try out the Shinko Raven 009 and see how they turn out.

I have had 3 sets of Avon Storms and no issues with the rear, but i do see alot of cupping on the front. I switched to Pirelli angels and no cupping in the front. Angels are my new tire for now.

The Michelin Pilot Road II's are great also. I have 5,000 miles and counting. I have been running Bridgestones BTO15 and 16, and i would be lucky to get 2,000 miles out of them. I have been converted to a Michelin man. I'm running the Power pure's up front and the Road II's out back. This is an awesome setup

I dont have issues with my Storms either. My next setup will be the Dunlop Qualifier 2's, but only because I started doing track days and need a little more stick.

6000 miles is GREAT mileage on a busa tire....time to replace.

I know that 6000 is great so I really should not be complaining. I am still curious about the high spot.

Dunlop Roadsmarts FTW!!!! Rolling burn-outs and daily burn-outs, yup got 3kmiles and still has LOTS of treads left!

Could your high spot and Aces cupping come from too many miles without a rebalance ?
Or an improperly tuned suspension ?
These two things can happen with any tire .

After about 3,000 miles the tire has lost quite a bit of rubber and can be out of balance from when it was new . If you have them balanced after 2-3000 miles they may last longer ?

My Michelin on the front had a flat spot. I just put 2 new Raven 09's on tonight. I cant wait to see how they ride.

Do you guys remember to rotate your tires every 3000 miles? That could be the problem. :rofl:

That's it, I forgot to rotate them! :laugh: This is why I love the org. I am going to start looking into those Roadsmarts too.

The Michelin Pilot Road II's are great also. I have 5,000 miles and counting. I have been running Bridgestones BTO15 and 16, and i would be lucky to get 2,000 miles out of them. I have been converted to a Michelin man. I'm running the Power pure's up front and the Road II's out back. This is an awesome setup

Ditto.:thumbsup:

Hope you're not looking for great performance from the shinko 009 other than mileage that is you won't get if you're putting them on front and rear the difference in handling is immediate.The rear has a pretty flat profile more for touring than cornering.

Hope you're not looking for great performance from the shinko 009 other than mileage that is you won't get if you're putting them on front and rear the difference in handling is immediate.The rear has a pretty flat profile more for touring than cornering.

I want a tire that rides smooth and lasts a long time. I doubt that I will corner hard enough to tell a difference.

Back