Flashing the 08 / ECU Editing software for GEN II Busas

This is not to start a technical argument or "all dynos are different blah blah blah", so please don't bother posting it in this thread. This is just me sharing my findings with the ECU Editor on the dyno.

I found out last week a Gen II under full throttle will tolerate 36 degrees of throttle advance with no issues running premium fuel. The colors are where I adjusted the timing. I made a few minor adjustments in the cruising ranges resulting in a 45 MPG freeway average in 6th with hard luggage attached. There was no ping on the dyno, and it was smooth under full throttle. Here is the fuel and ignition maps I ran on the dyno last Friday with 92 octane, no cat, K&N filter and a 190/55 rear tire. The dyno printout was essentially with no smoothing, resulting in a twitchy output. From the look I have some work to do on my fuel tables.

:beerchug:

BusaIgnitionTable.jpg

02-28-10_Dyno.JPG

:thumbsup:nice work true but how do you know that it doesn't hurt the engine did you used a knock sensor or exhaust temp readings?

Yes to both. The dyno tech paid very close attention an the engine remained smooth throughout under 100% throttle. The engine remained in safe temperature ranges during the four runs to max RPM.

Modified timing. I didn't do the fuel tuning yet. I flashed the timing to +2 degrees and put it on the dyno. After the first two runs with no knocking I added +1 to the timing and ran it again. No knocks. With one more degree added I lost HP in the upper RPMs.

Fuel tuning will be when I can get more dyno time. Hopefully in another week or two.

Bking with slipons, stock cat removed, airbox modified, tuned at Schnitz Racing using ECU Editor and BoostBySmith hardware interface

10-100% throttle pulls

B-King_10_to_100_Pulls.jpg

B-King_Final.jpg

Hi Guys.I was comparing pcv brock maps and when I add the map to the ecu editor it had a lot of fuel add like +140(62%) at 8000rpm 100%TPS.I think that that unsafe or at least it will clog my sparkplugs if I reflash that map or thats ok.What do you guys think? :beerchug:

yes its way too much, get a bazzaz map if he has one and conver that, crap o mander maps dont convert well as they are setup for 1 set of injectors only

A brock AH (but planning in change back to r77 slip i like the dual looks) pipercross air filter ,gsxr 1000 short stacks, pair valve eliminated, pcv and came mapped by fuel moto but when a was at the track I get a free run on a dyno and it was running 10.2 of a/f the spark plugs were black, now running a brock street map feels good.Ecu flash extended rev to 11800 and +3 degree up to 9000rpm then +2 up to 10000rpm and now want to add a fuel map with ecu editor to eliminate the crapcommander and auto tune that it seems not to work.

Back