Flashing the 08 / ECU Editing software for GEN II Busas

Got a chance to do some testing this evening with petriks ECU boost control :)

I had a choice to either drag the bike out to the barn where my tools and air compressor are, or rig up an air tank with a regulator on it to be the supply source. I basically have an air supply feeding a 1/8 npt air solenoid that is controlled by your software petrik, then on the output of the solenoid i am feeding the top side of the wastegate, gm 3 bar map sensor, and a mechanical boost gauge for me to watch. Engine is off, and just monitoring boost pressure on the top of the gate. I have a small air leak somewhere, but a leak of some sort is needed so that the wastegate can relieve itself, i think with the adjustable exhaust leak i have on the solenoid you can tune how quickly the boost bleeds back off when you downshift to a lower gear, making it leak off quicker will make the solenoid have to run more continous to maintain pressure.

Anyhow here are 2 videos, 1st with lower pressure, 2nd with higher pressures, there is some overshoot, but its hard to say how actual behavior on the road would be as I would be just using the manifold for air source vs 30 psi coming from an air tank, it would have longer to build up and probably overshoot less.

Anyhow, man for a first crack this seems to work pretty darn good!

Video 1
www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/ecuboost.wmv

Video 2
www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/ecuboost2.wmv

Thanks for all you do sir, the busa ecu flashing community wouldn't exist without you.

Greg

MonFeb08200927AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

Thanks to Greg, I will be heading down this path as well. I have a ton of catching up to do but I have several test mules at my disposal. Looking forward to learning and sharing. :beerchug:

good deal man, I am hear if you have any questions. During day email is quickest way to reach me. Wifey is due with our sonnie #2 so if it takes me more than a few hours to get back to anyone i am probably at the hospital :laugh:

I will get in touch with both of you shortly. One has a Ti-force and the other a Tsukigi Cannon, thats great. Need to get a nice base map collection going.

well guy's at first the nos controller did not work correctly, after giving petrik some info,in a half of a day, he had it corrected......i flashed my ecu and tested with the corrected code and the fueling, and timing worked ok....:thumbsup:...now to the dyno for final reference if pwm and timing is being implemented as supposed to.....keep your fingers crossed.....:please:

Sweet, glad you are testing this for the greater goood :) this will teplace so many boxes and hundreds of dollars :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Greg,

How's the baby? I know your busy but when you get a chance did you get my GPS PM?

Thanks,

Josh :beerchug:

Doing good :) dont recall that and recently purged my inbox, can u resend? Sorry about that
Posted via Mobile Device

Back