Flashing the 08 / ECU Editing software for GEN II Busas

Edit to last post
R100 one would say by looking that your A/F at 100 % throttle could certianly be cleaned up a lot as many highs and lows in it. :beerchug:
Greg I have no reason to be biased lol Simply the years in the game make it easy to see a damn good thing when it happens.
Once again ECU Editor wins hands down on all counts.
Cheers

Flash Scan Fuel Graph.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys for your inputs and I appreciate the balanced tone in this forum. People are polite and stay to the subject and the somewhat anticipated low level Tuner War didn’t start. I certainly appreciate the features of the ECU editor (and the great work behind it) and am quite happy to have it. For the moment though, it will only be used to eliminate the high-speed limiter. I'll have stay with the PC III since it is still preferred here by the reputed tuners vs. the ECU Editor. The PC III is yesterday technique and I had hoped to be able to use it instead of the PC III, but this need a tuner that supports the ECU Editor, which is not currently the case here in Sweden since it is still a new product.

My meaning of real time tuning is that the settings can be done quickly when the engine is running, it is of course not a mandatory feature but it is for sure convenient.

In some post above it is stated that the PC III is very prone to fail. This is the first time I’ve heard such thing and my personal experience by using different PC III for almost 10 years is that they are high quality stuff.

Hello R1000 always nice to share info with a fellow gentleman and can only echo your sentiments re no war required :thumbsup:
Regards failure on units, here in Australia many customers where buying there units directly in from the US as they could do so at a cost half of what the retail was in Australia. The mortality rate was so high on the units (purchased from different suppliers across the US) that this practice is no longer done as much, due to the fact Power Commander would not warranty any unit not purchased in Australia. :whistle:This leaving the customer out of pocket, hence most now purchase thru Australian distributors simply to maintain their warranty.
Of course this was only one factor in the equation, the other being when their bikes started playing up was locating the fault back to the Power Commander being both costly time consuming and frustrating.
Once again appreciate that your tuners there may be a little reluctant to change so hope you can do your best to sway them in the direction of the future in Busa tuning :cheerleader:
Enjoy and Ride Safe
ps R1000 could put you in touch with a person who is busily building and Flashing a Hayabusa Gen II kit car in Sweden at this time if you wish ?
Below is the first Fully Flashed Hayabusa Car in Oz :cheerleader: I know it's a car >>>>>>>>>> but they say it's whats in the heart that counts :rofl:

Hayabusa Kit car.JPG

Last edited:
Hey Boss,
I was at your shop site today, I was very impressed with the professional capabilities at your workshop !
That dyno printout you displayed in that earlier post, was that a standard 08, any mods at all ?

Thanks Hobo .............. just a believer that one has to have the best equipment to do the job right. As for mods >>>>>>>>> everything you can do to a Gen II without opening the motor. The real Hp will be hopefully be obtained soon from RCC :cheerleader:
:beerchug:

Hard cut shuts fuel completely off, soft staets pulling some out of 2 cylinders

Hard cut feels much more abrupt but is a good idea on a nos or turbo bike

Stock motor soft is usually just fine that how it is stock
Posted via Mobile Device

Hard cut shuts fuel completely off, soft staets pulling some out of 2 cylinders

Hard cut feels much more abrupt but is a good idea on a nos or turbo bike

Stock motor soft is usually just fine that how it is stock
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm clear ... Thanx !

Last edited:
not trying to take the wind out of your sails greg,but most of the people flashing ecu's does not know how much work and collaborative effort whent into this before you made it mainstream to the public....you make great products and keep doing so........:bowdown:

Hey no offense here man :) Petrik works damn hard, and all for free so that both he and all of us can benefit, if he is ever in town would love to buy him as many beers as he could drink :)

Speaking of wind, hoping to have me a windmill thingie in my exhaust pretty soon :)

Certianly in no way taking anything from the massive effort of Petrik's "Free" to all generosity regards software along with Greg's quality of interface units available :bowdown:
Myself personally have also been most impressed with the sharing of knowledge from experiences and those willing to run the gauntlet and pass on their findings.
I think it has shown what a group of people spread world wide seeking a like minded goal can achieve.
So KUDOS to all involved :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Mmmmmmm now on reflection maybe thats one of the many things what has kept me involved in motorcycling these past 37 years :lol:

Last edited:
Speaking of wind, hoping to have me a windmill thingie in my exhaust pretty soon

i am shure it will be fun, plus you can test the boostfueling feature....:beerchug:

Back