five finger death punch new video....POWERFUL!!

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
with robin Williams, i have been constantly saying WHAT ABOUT OUR VETERANS!!

There's no doubt we've always neglected our Veterans IMHO, but what exactly is the parallel you're trying to draw by mentioning Robin Williams?

If 10% of the hype that surrounds the Robin Williams suicide was given to the astounding issue of veteran suicide in this nation, we would win the battle in finally trying to give our vets the mental care they deserve.

As the daughter and niece of Vietnam Veterans that were spit on when they returned home from their honorable service in the 70s, and someone that feels very strongly about how all Veterans are treated, I fail to see the parallel. We should have been upset about the treatment of Veterans long before the likes of Robin Williams suicide, so I'm trying to understand why the need to diminish one's mental anguish/suicide over another's plight is appropriate?

IMHO, we as a society fail on so many levels, and we marginalize so many segments of society as if they don't matter or even exist. I could sit here and argue about this all day, but Robin Williams committing suicide and relating it to how much we fail Veterans is not a parallel that makes much sense. We fail so many, whether they are our honored Vets or that guy that made so many laugh. People and their need for an agenda...need a reason to stand for something? I don't - go be a hero for the Veterans without blaming Hollywood's latest suicide. We have no one to blame but ourselves :banghead:

Two entirely different events both tragic in their own ways.

That was a share Chris.....

my point was...and sorry it wasnt clear...if we were to focus 10% of the focus we have on things that happen to celebrities and instead focus on our veterans...our homeless...our borders...our problems..... so as i have been posting on Facebook when robin Williams death is mentioned...i ask...what about our vets...what about the mental illness being left untreated by the VA....(not VaBusa...though there could be a parallel drawn there...lol)

my point was...and sorry it wasnt clear...if we were to focus 10% of the focus we have on things that happen to celebrities and instead focus on our veterans...our homeless...our borders...our problems..... so as i have been posting on Facebook when robin Williams death is mentioned...i ask...what about our vets...what about the mental illness being left untreated by the VA....(not VaBusa...though there could be a parallel drawn there...lol)

Sorry Chris, mentioning them both in the same thread means you're drawing a parallel in my world :whistle:

I get what you're saying, but to that I say Americans should care about this 24/7, not just when someone famous dies...a lot of ignorant comments are being made on FB about Williams suicide (and mental illness) as if he's a bad person for killing himself, oh and "What about the Veterans?" To that I say what about the veterans anyway people? Mental illness affects us all, famous or not. If a Veteran commits suicide, most feel sad; if it's Robin Williams, he's a coward? Why, because he's rich? Please...but, I digress...

...these two subjects shouldn't be in the same thread, that was my point...

have to agree with vabs.... ur out in left field on this one. I don't see any nexus between robin williams and the video u posted. u mention veterans, homeless and our borders. chris what about our police officers? apparently they aren't as important as homeless drunks and crack heads apparently....:whistle: smh

Sorry Chris, mentioning them both in the same thread means you're drawing a parallel in my world :whistle:

I get what you're saying, but to that I say Americans should care about this 24/7, not just when someone famous dies...a lot of ignorant comments are being made on FB about Williams suicide (and mental illness) as if he's a bad person for killing himself, oh and "What about the Veterans?" To that I say what about the veterans anyway people? Mental illness affects us all, famous or not. If a Veteran commits suicide, most feel sad; if it's Robin Williams, he's a coward? Why, because he's rich? Please...but, I digress...

...these two subjects shouldn't be in the same thread, that was my point...

have to agree with vabs.... ur out in left field on this one. I don't see any nexus between robin williams and the video u posted. u mention veterans, homeless and our borders. chris what about our police officers? apparently they aren't as important as homeless drunks and crack heads apparently....:whistle: smh

Yep, I had an entire rebuttal mentioning all of the unsung heroes in society, from cops to doctors, from kids with cancer to first response teams and missionaries, all heroes that get zero recognition because we can't all be famous. That's reality. Doesn't negate the fact that mental illness affects people from all walks of life or that those people are all ignored to some degree :banghead:

Robin Williams death has zero to do with the treatment of Veterans. The only link here is mental illness, and the parallel I'm seeing being drawn on FB, that I know some here have "liked" and said "Amen" to is that one is getting attention while the others are not. Well, one is famous and the others can never be - we can't all be famous, but that doesn't mean the world isn't full of heroes. Society elevates who they want to that status, and the very people whining right now have paid to see Robin's movies, laughed at his stand up, and now you're upset? OMG, really?! Let's get upset over the Charles Mansons of the world being put up there as someone to look up to, not the guy that entertained our troops and made the world laugh for decades through what was apparently a lot of his own pain. Jeez...

And let's now perhaps take mental illness as something very real that affects far too many, from the rich and famous to the very Veterans you pass by on the streets and never stop to thank or offer a helping hand to...what have you done today to help the cause? :whistle:

Robin Williams was an active participant with the USO.... he made several trips to Afghanistan and Iraq to visit the troops. he performed comedy routines, posed for pictures, and signed autographs. Didn't have 2, he volunteered 2 do so because he cared about the troops and wanted 2 boost morale by putting a smile on their face and try 2 make them laugh while they were stuck in a chit hole.

There are several Military websites and forums who paid tribute to him and what he has done for the cause. If "Actual" military members and veterans can stop and take pause to reflect on his life for a brief moment why can't you Chris show a little class & respect to do the same.....

people focus on celebrities and not the veterans...if you cant see why i would point out...WHERE ARE OUR PRIORITIES...i cant help ya...lol and to be CLEAR i love robin williams and i feel the utmost sympathy for his family and their loss....BUT..a celebrity that can and had the best treatment in the world...but we look the other way for veterens who have the same problem and get the lowest standard of treatment??... they deserve better treatment...we need to focus on this and and not focus on other things....

You guys are all missing the point here. All of you.

The point is Five Finger Death Punch is the SNIZZLE and you all should go out and become fans. Best rock band of the last decade. :super:

You guys are all missing the point here. All of you.

The point is Five Finger Death Punch is the SNIZZLE and you all should go out and become fans. Best rock band of the last decade. :super:

Who are you again?

lol..

i could not give a crap about robin Williams or the veterans or homeless or anything or anyone that does not effect me or the ones close to me...

call me selfish , call me ignorant..

everything in politics is corrupt and falsified its all a big joke..i pay taxes only because i have no choice.. i chose to abide by rules by force and not by choice ...would i go and fight for my country HELL NO!!! would i kill another human being in the name of freedom..HELL NO!!! would i take a life to protect myself and my loved ones HELL YA....

you will have no impact on government regulations, you will have no choice but to follow rules, you do your 9 to 5 ,save money to buy some toyz, raise a family.. and hope to leave them financially stable when you leave this earth..

have as much fun as u can, cherish the memories and move on..

see whats waiting, if anything after this life..

:bowdown:

Back