Fitting 32 bit ecu to early bike

JohnnyDangerous

Registered
Having now spent hours reading up on various sections in this forum I think the best value course of action ecu wise is for me to fit the later 32 bit ecu to my 2000 bike and use the ecueditor software to map it. Early mods will just be airbox, 4-2-1, and removing the exh pair valves but Im thinking later on prob going for a hi comp 1400cc with cams and head work. I have my own dyno and mapping is no problem.

I need to know, has anyone done this and is it documented. Ive read that the flywheel and stator should be replaced and im thinking the harness as well. Can anyone help?

SoCal Blur

Registered
I'm actually preparing to do the 32bit upgrade myself. The parts are arriving this week and then I'm sending the ECU out to Powerhouse to do some editing.

You didn't mention which year you have. In addition to the ECU and Rotor changeout, if you have a 99 - 00 you will either need to move a few pins around in the ECU connectors or replace the wiring harness. If you have a 01, I believe that the wiring harness will already accept the 32bit ECU.

QWKENAF

Registered
I did this mod last year. Not sure how to explain it technical terms... But, holy sh*t balls did it make my bike faster!!! And my wife made the comment the other day, "every time you come back from a ride you have the biggest smile on your face."

Ludicrous Speed

Registered
Upgrading to the 02 and up electronics allows you to use the ECU editor, and it switches from 16 to 32 bit. Just a better system.

All that is required to switch a 99-2000 is ECU and stator hub.

2001 I think all you have to do is switch the ECU and not any wires. I am not sure about that, the 01 is the bastard of the ECU stuff

JohnnyDangerous

Registered
Stoopid kweshun but, what is the benefit of doing this?
We map a lot of cars with top end ECU's like Motec etc so to me a PC3 is really like putting a casio calculator on the bike, I want to be able to alter timing and control nitrous etc. HOWEVER having had a long conversation with a very respected UK tuner it turns out I will need to fit the 32 bit ecu AND a Power commander of some sort as he reckons trying to get fueling right using ecueditor is a very long process and he has never seen one done with a fuel graph as good as PC3 can give. Ive decided to race the bike in the 9.50 bike class so i need to be able to move timing and control nitrous and rev limits etc.

Ludicrous Speed

Registered
Personally, I think the power commanders are junk.

Yes, they work, but they are tricking the ecu into doing what you want, instead of doing it the right way. I had one fail, and cause all sorts of problems. Seen many others fail. To spray nitrous is a PITA, and you either have to have two of them and do map switching, or ride around on a fat map tuned for nitrous.

The ECU map switching is so much more reliable.

Now I have seen people use the ECU editor and get a tune, along with map switching, then use the PC and use a self tuning feature. I can understand that, but I go back to the reasons I do not like the Power COmmanders.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Left fairing not fitting Gen II Busa Information 13
c10 Fitting two bikes in a half ton truck . A production by c10 ;) General Bike Related Topics 16
B fitting Brembo Calipers on non abs busa Gen II Busa Information 14
Skywalker Side Panels Not Fitting at Bottom General Bike Related Topics 4
Tom1968 Fitting A Power Bronze Undertray??? Busa Mods 0
G 1999 Gen 1 ECU fitting inside Gen 2 2009 tail? Busa Mods 8
F compression guage fitting Engine and Performance mods 3
J Help fitting Gen 1 Nose Fairing Appearance mods 26
gloryboys Fitting Autocom General Bike Related Topics 13
gloryboys Autocom Fitting General Bike Related Topics 0
Road Weazel Water Injection - What Is This Fitting Called and Where Do I Get More? Turbo 12
Rocketmn Oil feed fitting that threads into turbo Turbo 1
Dansch06limited Need some help on fitting rc components wheels on my gen 1 Busa.. General Bike Related Topics 6
Z Fitting seat hump with rack or grab rail in place Busa Mods 9
teezy Where can i get this fitting for my air shifter gauge? Busa Mods 3
HongKongPhooey Anyone need help fitting gen 1 centre stand kit? (UK) Busa Mods 5
R Fitting SW Motech Quick Lock Evo's, Givi E41's with Mircon Sport Exhausts?? General Bike Related Topics 2
Vindaloobeast Fitting alarms on the Busa General Bike Related Topics 13
tedbull Fitting fairings for differant years. General Bike Related Topics 3
busa clubslinger yoshimura slip-on fitting issue with shifter Gen II Busa Information 19
TruWrecks Helmet fitting Riding Gear 0
D oil fitting supply threat Turbo 11
flynlow Best Fitting Bike Cover General Bike Related Topics 29
D fuel feed L-fitting vs External Pump Fuel Tank Cover Turbo 4
S Tank Fitting Question Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 5
O Centre stand fitting Busa Mods 21
F Fitting Gen1 Tsukigi exhaust on a Gen2 ??? Gen II Busa Information 7
X fitting an 08 full exhaust on an 04 General Bike Related Topics 7
99'busa Brass fitting came out (fuel line) General Bike Related Topics 38
GMbusa Fitting Gen1 wheels on the Gen2. Gen II Busa Information 0
S Fairing fitting New Owners Forum 6
samw5 Aftermarket strator cover fitting Busa Mods 5
john74 Hayabusa Tank Bra fitting problems K8 Gen II Busa Information 34
HotRod104 Leathers Fitting General Bike Related Topics 7
M gixxer 1000 rims fitting on busa? Appearance mods 3
S fitting gsxr gauges to busa loom Electrical Mods 10
S fitting gsxr1000 gauges Electrical Mods 4
cubicincubi fitting 180/55 tyres? General Bike Related Topics 9
M Fitting buell pegs General Bike Related Topics 3
BanditKing Problems fitting undertail Appearance mods 10
booties_1 Icon fitting charts Random Thoughts 11
busabad Corbin seats...fitting problem Busa problems 13
O when fitting akro exhaust, and tmh box. dynojet, yosh, box or...... General Discussion 4
O Need info on fitting a Quickshifter General Discussion 13
rubbersidedown Bear with me as I am choked up a little bit at present PLEASE HAVE A LOOK Random Thoughts 58
rubbersidedown My fellow Canadians...Gub'ment to give out a bit more on yer GST credit Random Thoughts 1
B Gen1 - Control Unit, ECU 16 bit / 32 bit - speed restriction - flashing Engine and Performance mods 16
Bumblebee Going off grid for a bit Off Topic 30
MC MUSTANG Got out for a bit yesterday... General Bike Related Topics 11
E New to the forum, need a bit of help New Owners Forum 2