Firstgear Heatpump Vest On Sale.

bigoltool

Registered
I have been shopping for a new electric vest to replace my trusty old Eclipse, and had read a few reviews on this vest from Firstgear. Was always put off with the price but this deal from DK was way too good to pass up. $40.49. I had to give it a shot. Uses no electricity, just inflates with air to trap air and heat at your core. Aerostitch sells something similar but it is way up there!

https://www.denniskirk.com/3430334M...o9-Ch10Dw5qEAYYBCABEgJ__PD_BwE&ad=45713349637

When I first started riding again 15 years ago all the old timers told me to get an electric heated jacket, I said no not for me "I'm a manly man". Then I got one for a gift in December and went for a ride that day. Let me tell ya I can't live without the thing now, I admit I am addicted to it. I have killed a couple off and replaced them within days despite the expense. It has allowed me to ride year round in comfort. LONG LIVE ELECTRICITY!!! Those days of buying newspapers and 2 pairs of LEGGS XL pantyhose at 7-11 (do they even sell them anymore) to keep warm are over.

When I first started riding again 15 years ago all the old timers told me to get an electric heated jacket, I said no not for me "I'm a manly man". Then I got one for a gift in December and went for a ride that day. Let me tell ya I can't live without the thing now, I admit I am addicted to it. I have killed a couple off and replaced them within days despite the expense. It has allowed me to ride year round in comfort. LONG LIVE ELECTRICITY!!! Those days of buying newspapers and 2 pairs of LEGGS XL pantyhose at 7-11 (do they even sell them anymore) to keep warm are over.
Same here. I bought my Eclipse Electric vest about 20 years ago and once you ride with one it is hard not to after that. I have grip heater and that helps but no substitute for a nice toasty core all ride long!

Just a quick update on this vest. I received mine from DK a few days after ordering. The first thing I noticed is that the inflator "bulb" was ineffective at airing up the vest. The small check valve in the bottom of the bulb was letting air out instead of doing its job and only allowing air to flow into the bulb. I pulled the check valve to see if it had something in it and found nothing. I was able to make it work (sort of) by placing a finger over the end of the check valve and manually acting as the check valve. Not ideal. So i sent an email to Firstgear asking if I could just get a replacement check valve. They wound up just sending me a whole new vest within a couple of days and this one worked perfect! So kudos to them for great customer service.

The vest itself is pretty nifty actually. Uninflated it is actually pretty thin as its designed to be worn close to your skin, so directly over a t-shirt in my case. In practice it would go under my base layer jacket that I normally use inside of my Klim Jacket. Inflate it as necessary and within a few minutes you can definitely tell the insulation is working. The beauty of this is that it requires no battery or connection to your bike, as more than once I have climbed off my bike only to be caught up in my old E-vest cord!:) Looking forward to some winter riding now.

Back