First ya git'er nekkid...

Really not good for me to look at these type posts, so clearly explained, graphically and textually, and has me now ITCHIN" to get started moddin' my baby !! I haven't the $$ to invest, but that hasn't stopped me yet :-)

Great job 'Train !! Keep those perfect pics a comin' Can hardly wait to hear your report when all is done !
Thanks for the kind compliment Dr. :D

'Train, you have become the model for mods on the 'Busa.  I have been following your lead and hoping at some point I might be able to do something similar, but I think you got it on this one.  It has definitely shown me that I can do some of the things I wanted to without taking it to a shop and paying big $$$.
You are too kind, dude! There's no way I could afford to have the mods I have if I had to pay someone to install them. I'm just glad I have enough skills to do this much myself. It's loads of fun doing my own wrenching on the busa. I can honestly say that I have wrenched on a 9 second ride! Not officially a nine second ride yet, but trust me, it WILL be. ;)

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>See part II- "All The Pretty Horses" for the rest of the install.</span>

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet you got her on!!!!!!!!!! hell yeah that looks hella awesome!!! great job!!!!

What kind of wrench are you using to get everything torqued down right?

Guess I will go down to Sears tomorrow and pick up one of those. Just ordered a Clear Alternatives clear turn signal kit and my 'Busa grips, CF bar ends and LP slider caps arrived today. Think I am going to order the Top Gun undertail this weekend. Also, I should get my LP sliders and Pitbull Newfront stand on Monday, so my mods will start in earnest next week.

Guess I will go down to Sears tomorrow and pick up one of those.  Just ordered a Clear Alternatives clear turn signal kit and my 'Busa grips, CF bar ends and LP slider caps arrived today.  Think I am going to order the Top Gun undertail this weekend.  Also, I should get my LP sliders and Pitbull Newfront stand on Monday, so my mods will start in earnest next week.
Great! Ain't it fun playing with these big boy toys?!? :D

Yep, I was right. Here's the article on pro-liberate.com that mentioned blocking the line. It isn't mentioned in the PAIR mod section. It was in the Exhaust article...

Click here and read the last paragraph on that page for the info. I haven't seen dyno results or any tuners confirming that blocking the hose gives the same HP gains as removal but I don't see why it wouldn't. If you completely block the hot air out of the airbox I don't see how it could hurt power.
Thanks Bullet!

(I knew I was right about the research shtick!)

I wonder what Johnnycheese has to say about the pair/emissions stuff...

JC???

Yep, I was right. Here's the article on pro-liberate.com that mentioned blocking the line. It isn't mentioned in the PAIR mod section. It was in the Exhaust article...

Click here and read the last paragraph on that page for the info. I haven't seen dyno results or any tuners confirming that blocking the hose gives the same HP gains as removal but I don't see why it wouldn't. If you completely block the hot air out of the airbox I don't see how it could hurt power.
Thanks Bullet!

(I knew I was right about the research shtick!)

I wonder what Johnnycheese has to say about the pair/emissions stuff...  

JC???

Looks like my understanding of how the PAIR works may actually be a misunderstanding. See the PAIR mod threads in the Modification forum...

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1067660131 -->

Man I'll be glad when I can sit down and pick my baby apart and put her back together without the windscreen being attached to the grab bar.

iamwithstupid.gif

bigdawg.jpg

Back