First ya git'er nekkid...

All the chroming I want to do will have to wait until next year along with the power mods. However, I may get the PCIIIR before the end of the year.

All the chroming I want to do will have to wait until next year along with the power mods.  However, I may get the PCIIIR before the end of the year.
A PCIIIR with a good map, like the one cheese put in mine, makes a day & night difference in driveability! I couldn't believe how much smoother the busa was after installing the PC with cheese map. Worth every penny just for that, even if I never gained a single horsepower from it. I'd suggest buying from cheese and getting one of his maps. He knows his stuff with the PC. ;)

Yeah, I talked with him about it yesterday. Wish I had taken advantage of the blowout, but I was still trying to come up with a plan for the mods.

I probably will sell her.  If for no other reason than to pay for the mods to the 'Busa.
I just sold my 92 CBR 600F2 tonight.  I'm am going to use the money to finish some mods.  I putting a topgun undertail this week along with a carbon fiber hugger.  Also putting on a 43t sprocket.  Next week I am taking off the Yoshi cans and putting on a full trs carbon fiber yoshi system.  Just ordered the pair valve mod ( thanks BT for the link) and Hayabusa leather jacket.

When it gets too cold to ride  (around Jan for a couple of weeks)  I am going to have the rims chromed.

I too was a believer in the twin exhuast.  It has only been recently that I really wanted a single can full system.

Now I just have to figure out how to spend the rest of the money from the sell of the CBR.

Tony

<!--EDIT|LongbowIP
Reason for Edit: "can't remember to use the spell check"|1067491495 -->

Great shots of the nekkid Busa BT! As always, incredible detail...I can't wait to see the final product. Glad you're having fun wrenching on her...after you mod and customize your bird, you'll be ready to open up shop for all hayabusa.org members needing paint and parts! Incredible... :D

Oh, and I think I saw some bugs or grit in your radiator BT...that's just not like you, is it?!
:bounce:

Busa looks awesome, even without clothes. Now, hurry up and finish so we can see that new exhaust... :tounge:

I'd love to open up shop and work on bikes part time. I've gotta either find a shop or build me one first though. Just don't have the money for that right now. Maybe some day.

Yeah, the radiator has some dings and pebbles in it. Most of it came from the day me & Pimpbike went to Cheaha. There was lots of loose gravel on the road and I could hear it slinging up and hitting the bike. The under belly wing looks almost sandblasted! I've gotta get cooking on that paint job SOON!

I'm about to head to town to find the Permatex Ultra Copper gasket gunk that I need for the install. After grabbing that and a bite of lunch with my Pop I'll be back on the install. Hopefully I can finish it today.

BT, seeing as how you are the research master of the universe...
Have you herd anything about emissions and the pair valve removal. (As I understand the valve helps with emissions, yes?) AZ has serious emissions requirements and I'm a tad worried about passing.

I read somewhere that the busa will NOT pass emissions testing without the PAIR valve. There's a trick you can use though. You can plug the hose going to the airbox when you're riding and unplug it for emissions testing. All the crap is in place but with the hose plugged it supposedly isn't doing anything. Then, when you go for emissions testing you just open the hose back up and it works.

My understanding is that the PAIR valve recirculates a little of the exhaust gas back into the air box to recycle some of the unburned gas. So, instead of getting cool, fresh air you're getting some hot exhaust fumes pumped back into the mix. Good for emissions, bad for power.

If I could remember where I read that bit of info I'd post a link. Unfortunately I didn't bookmark it because my area doesn't have emissions testing... YET! I think it might have been on that site that someone here has... I think it is www.pro-liberate.com or something like that. Has a LOT of mods with pics and comments on there. I might be wrong though. May have been somewhere else.

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1067531682 -->

Yep, I was right. Here's the article on pro-liberate.com that mentioned blocking the line. It isn't mentioned in the PAIR mod section. It was in the Exhaust article...

Click here and read the last paragraph on that page for the info. I haven't seen dyno results or any tuners confirming that blocking the hose gives the same HP gains as removal but I don't see why it wouldn't. If you completely block the hot air out of the airbox I don't see how it could hurt power.

Here's a better photo of the line you need to block if you go that route.

IMG_004.jpg

Damn, I wish my bike looked that good. The salt really kicked the shiznit out of mine.

BTW, what color is your repaint going to be? Are you going to do it yourself?

Great job Bullet.... Im inspired. That pair valve looks aweful un-necessary now. Can I do that without a full exhaust and just my stock pipes and aftermarket cans ?

Damn, I wish my bike looked that good.  The salt really kicked the shiznit out of mine.

BTW, what color is your repaint going to be?  Are you going to do it yourself?
Yeah, I'm doing it myself. I've got a few different paint ideas that I'm mulling over. Can't decide. I want different, not too wild, not too tame. I want clean, classy and different at the same time. I'm sure I'll come up with something I like. ;)

Great job Bullet.... Im inspired.  That pair valve looks aweful un-necessary now. Can I do that without a full exhaust and just my stock pipes and aftermarket cans ?
Yeah, the PAIR can be eliminated, or blocked off with the stock exhaust. I haven't seen any numbers or claims as far as HP gains but I don't like the idea of recirculating exhaust gas into the intake regardless of whether or not removing/blocking it helps power. ;)

Really not good for me to look at these type posts, so clearly explained, graphically and textually, and has me now ITCHIN" to get started moddin' my baby !! I haven't the $$ to invest, but that hasn't stopped me yet :-)

Great job 'Train !! Keep those perfect pics a comin' Can hardly wait to hear your report when all is done !

'Train, you have become the model for mods on the 'Busa. I have been following your lead and hoping at some point I might be able to do something similar, but I think you got it on this one. It has definitely shown me that I can do some of the things I wanted to without taking it to a shop and paying big $$$.

Back