First ya git'er nekkid...

Ahhhhhh,
The deflowering of a virgin. :eek:

Such clean smooth curves.....................

Now pick those cans up off of the cement.
They are soft aluminium and will scratch VERY easily.

Easier to sell if you can call them MINT!
Yeah, I was extremely careful to pay them down so that they wouldn't roll. They weren't nick free from the factory though. I have them laying on cardboard now, until I can wrap them with something to store them. I won't sell them just yet. Might just keep them since they don't seem to bring that much anyway. If I ever sell I may put all the stock stuff back on and sell the aftermarket stuff separate anyway... I really don't think I'll sell it for a LONG time though. I love my baby!!!

Good pics and narrative...Why didn't you do it all today???  :super:
I got a late start after having to take care of some other things today. I only have today and tomorrow off this week so I have to get all my junk done before I get to play. Yeah, it sucks to be all grown up with responsibilities!  :mad: The big boy toys are schweet though, huh? :super:  :super:

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: "Because I can't friggin' type!"|1067476476 -->

Wooooooooooooo!!! I need a  smoke after that :laugh: . LQQkn good TRAIN.  Man them picture are clear as hell brotha .
Yeah I think I will join you there...

Great pics Trainman...Very cool thanks for that...

Good stuff.

Did that front stand come in as handy as it looks like it did?

Thanks Rev. And yes, that front stand is a Godsend, bro. It is SOOOOOOOO friggin' handy to have the bike sittin' up for better access to everything from my rolling stool and still be able to turn the front wheel for access to all the fasteners for the fairings and stuff.

It got old having to stop what I was doing and take the front off the stand to get to some of the fasteners when I used the forklift front stand. The Newfront is worth three times the busa's weight in gold if you wrench on your own bike, man. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

'Train, you're the king, man!  Those are excellent shots.  Let me know what you think of the Hindles when you get 'em on.  I'm toying with the idea of replacing my system too (you know, once I can sneak the cost past the bride).:;):

'Train, you're the king, man!  Those are excellent shots.  Let me know what you think of the Hindles when you get 'em on.  I'm toying with the idea of replacing my system too (you know, once I can sneak the cost past the bride).:;):
Thanks Haywood. I'll definitely post feedback on the Hindle system once I get it done and have a chance to ride with it on. I can't wait! :super:

yeah I'm going with a gen3 w/carbon can this winter....can't wait.......if the sound is as good as its hp producing rep....I'll be estatic....too bad I live in the damn state where we get like 20ft of a snow in the winter....damn I can't wait for spring!!!!!:cool:

Yeah, great pics 'Train. It will certainly simplify the process for the rest of us to do our mod. It doesn't look like you have had any difficulties with it so far. How much time has it actually taken so far?

Yeah, great pics 'Train.  It will certainly simplify the process for the rest of us to do our mod.  It doesn't look like you have had any difficulties with it so far.  How much time has it actually taken so far?
No problems so far, just tight working space to begin with. I probably spent about 2.5 hours on it so far but I was really taking my time and being careful with everything. I also stopped for pictures several times. I took a lot more than I posted, these are just the acceptable ones. I figure I could easily remove all the factory stuff in under two hours if I didn't stop for photos. Hell, that's part of the fun, though. ;)

I also stopped to check the shop manual a couple times to make sure I wasn't funking anything up. Removing the air box was really the only part I needed to refer the manual for though.

I've gotta find some Permatex Ultra Copper tomorrow before I can finish. I think that's the last piece of the puzzle for my install. Looks like the install will be simple and straight forward. The only pain may be fine tuning everything for proper bodywork clearance. Shouldn't be too bad, though.

Brock Davidson & staff and Tom @ Veltune are great resources. They have been very helpful in answering any questions I've had about the system and the install. I'm really glad I went with the BDE system from Tom. I can't imagine any better product or technical support than I have received from them. :super:

The pictures you posted of the system looked great. I think I may want to stay with dual pipes, so I have to decided what I want. That's farther down the road for me, though. I am making the "bling, bling" mods first since the bike is already fast. My new dremel tool will get a lot of work in the coming weeks!

Great pics Train.  Where did you buy the kit for the pair removal?

Tony
Got it from . See it Click on the pic on that page to see a bigger, detailed shot. It doesn't show the cap for the throttle body vacuum nipple but it is in the kit. Must be an older picture when the kit didn't include it or something.

The pictures you posted of the system looked great.  I think I may want to stay with dual pipes, so I have to decided what I want.  That's farther down the road for me, though.  I am making the "bling, bling" mods first since the bike is already fast.  My new dremel tool will get a lot of work in the coming weeks!
To begin with, I liked the two can look better It was one of the things I liked about the busa in general when I first saw one. I've always like the dual can set-up better... until lately. I can't really explain the change in preference. I guess I my taste just evolved to that point. The weight savings and HP gains over the two can systems also swayed me to a single can system. It's all in what you're looking for, though. Different strokes for different folks... :cool:

You're right about that. I may even change my mind about as time passes.

You're right about that.  I may even change my mind about as time passes.
It's highly likely bro. I went from twin slip ons to full systems and back and forth SEVERAL times before settling on the system I bought. So many choices and options and features and blaaaaahhhhh! Me & Rev had a back & forth discussion in one thread where I pretty much convinced him that a full system was the way to go and then, after rereading the whole thread again and considering his arguments I was leaning toward twin slip ons again myself! Talk about a headache! :drool:

Just do your homework and research all the options before you buy. Look around the net and find sound files, look at dyno numbers, consult the tuners and racers, etc... One system will eventually float to the top of that sea of info and it'll be clear to you then. Until that point it seems like you'll drown in it before you decide! :laugh:

And on top of all these mods to the 'Busa, I have to figure out what to do with the Katana. I think she is starting to feel a little lonely.

And on top of all these mods to the 'Busa, I have to figure out what to do with the Katana.  I think she is starting to feel a little lonely.
Sell her and get a TURBO for the busa!!!
idea3.gif
I'd go with a Velocity Racing turbo in a heartbeat if I could afford it. :cool:

I probably will sell her. If for no other reason than to pay for the mods to the 'Busa.

So far I've payed for half the busa and all the mods by selling my old film photo gear and accessories. I'm finally all digital and the film gear was just gathering dust so I dug all of it out and liquidated it. The bad thing is that I'm out of film gear to sell. I may have to clean out the gun safe next! Gotta have some wheels and a few other goodies. I want a 1397cc big bore kit eventually. Maybe next year! :D

Back