First Wax/Pledging since she was painted

My routine before it was painted was giving the bike a full wax once a month and pledging it once a week

Pledge strips wax off it and leaves its own protectant so if your gonna Pledge save the wax.

Bike looks great and would look even better with that new camera Vonderbach thinks you should buy :laugh:

Pledge strips wax off it and leaves its own protectant so if your gonna Pledge save the wax.

Bike looks great and would look even better with that new camera Vonderbach thinks you should buy :laugh:

Ehhhh oh well. Gotta use the wax on something. I have had the bottles of it for forever now. Maybe Ill start waxing the truck...

I use pledge on everything but the plastics and tank.
I clean the wheels and lower half of bike with pledge.
The top half I wax along with the fairings.
And I still soak her down with (close your ears Sleepless) water once a week and wash it before I do either of the above.

I think i am going to powdercoat the outer part of the rim silver and keep the inner black :beerchug:

Nah. Just strip the rim part and polish them.. Piece of cake, just spray with aircraft striper, and wipe it off. Won,t strip nothing but the rim, won,t strip nothin else..

looks great, black is beautiful. Check out my photo album to see what silver wheels vs. black will look like, theres pics of both. after switching from black to silver, I think the black does look better IMO. I plan on changing back to black later this spring before Eureka Springs Either way, thats a sharp ride
Posted via Mobile Device

Autozone has it, but keepin up the polished look takes a bit of effort, not bad, but add another 30min or so per cleaning to keep em shinning nice. Pick up some aluminium polish too

My advice on polishing stuff is to do the grab bar 1st and see if the upkeep is worth the hassle. It is something that can easily repainted if need be.

Autozone has it, but keepin up the polished look takes a bit of effort, not bad, but add another 30min or so per cleaning to keep em shinning nice. Pick up some aluminium polish too

I may strip them down an hit them with some paint... I dont know if I want to be polishing them often....

Back