First Track Day Spokane Raceway...

Dr E

Donating Member
Registered
Well, in for a penny in for a pound. I have wanted to get in to racing for a long time... and so I did it and got a track bike (GSXR 750) and started taking classes and found out what I have been missing in riding on the street! WOW! What a day, I found out where my skill levels are at now, where I want them to be and just how many good riders are out there.

Went to the track (Spokane County Raceway) with about 25 friends from our forum group here in the PNW and I will say, having friends with you is a big moral booster to help you get in to the flow of how a track operates. I decided that no matter how long I had been riding on the street, it would be nothing like that on the track. Wanting to improve my cornering technique and control at speed, I knew I needed experts to work with me. If you have never done racing classes...do it. These guys are awesome and will help to improve you skills. Some guys who have never done a track day and thought they could just show up with their street bikes and run learned a hard lesson. Nine accidents, several transports to the hospital and two wadded up NEW 848 Ducati's later some of these guys were learning a valuable and hard lesson. Again, that is why I am a firm believer in learn from experts and leave you ego at home.

I still have a long ways to go and many more classes to do. One of the biggest thing that I took away from this day was put money into quality gear and the best tires you can find and go have fun.

569587886_dsc_0302 (Medium).jpg

Thats what I am saving for.
Looks like tons 'o' fun and a great learning experience.
Bubba

Well, in for a penny in for a pound. I have wanted to get in to racing for a long time... and so I did it and got a track bike (GSXR 750) and started taking classes and found out what I have been missing in riding on the street! WOW! What a day, I found out where my skill levels are at now, where I want them to be and just how many good riders are out there.

Went to the track (Spokane County Raceway) with about 25 friends from our forum group here in the PNW and I will say, having friends with you is a big moral booster to help you get in to the flow of how a track operates. I decided that no matter how long I had been riding on the street, it would be nothing like that on the track. Wanting to improve my cornering technique and control at speed, I knew I needed experts to work with me. If you have never done racing classes...do it. These guys are awesome and will help to improve you skills. Some guys who have never done a track day and thought they could just show up with their street bikes and run learned a hard lesson. Nine accidents, several transports to the hospital and two wadded up NEW 848 Ducati's later some of these guys were learning a valuable and hard lesson. Again, that is why I am a firm believer in learn from experts and leave you ego at home.

I still have a long ways to go and many more classes to do. One of the biggest thing that I took away from this day was put money into quality gear and the best tires you can find and go have fun.

Congratulations DR. Welcome to the wonderful world of track day addiction. Nice photo. Looks like you're going fast. Great choice of bike, and WOOHOO!

BTW! Thats alot of crashes, WTH!

Let me know when you're headed up next time E, I'll try and join ya!

All it takes is one track day, and you're hooked!!!

Let me know when you're headed up next time E, I'll try and join ya! All it takes is one track day, and you're hooked!!!

You ain't kidding! Robin is hooked too...we just did not get out the umbrella we had for her!

PM me your contact info and the next time we are going I will call you. I am really sorry you could not come up...it would have been great to meet you.

It really is a good group of folks we have around here!

Here is some more shots from the pits early in the morning before the rest of the riders showed up. This day we had a little over 40 riders...

DSC02129 (Medium).JPG

DSC02130 (Medium).JPG

DSC02131 (Medium).JPG

DSC02132 (Medium).JPG

DSC02133 (Medium).JPG

DSC02134 (Medium).JPG

DSC02135 (Medium).JPG

DSC02136 (Medium).JPG

DSC02138 (Medium).JPG

You ain't kidding! Robin is hooked too...we just did not get out the umbrella we had for her!

PM me your contact info and the next time we are going I will call you. I am really sorry you could not come up...it would have been great to meet you.

It really is a good group of folks we have around here!

It most certainly is.

Pm sent.

:thumbsup: Sounds like a great time, thanks for the pics.

How was the quality of the track? A friend of mine heard through word of mouth it was not that good. I am realy hoping to make it over there this summer to attend one of the schools.

Biggest thing holding me back is i don't have a track bike and I don't know if I wan't to find my limit on the 08.

Hey.... do you mean PNW riders . com ah? I did my first rack day too last week.... it was great...lot to learn tho.... By the tents in the pics looks like 2fast school right? I loved those guys...they are great... I took mine at PIR.... (Im from Portland),,, planing to do 2fast again in seatlle next month.....:thumbsup:

How was the quality of the track? A friend of mine heard through word of mouth it was not that good. I am realy hoping to make it over there this summer to attend one of the schools.

Biggest thing holding me back is i don't have a track bike and I don't know if I wan't to find my limit on the 08.

Track is under new management, junk yard is gone; concrete wall on turn 11 leading to the straight away was removed up to the staging line for the drag strip. This track was really good. The folks running the track are now trying very hard to turn this into a class operations. They seem to be off to a great start.

Hey.... do you mean PNW riders . com ah? I did my first rack day too last week.... it was great...lot to learn tho.... By the tents in the pics looks like 2fast school right? I loved those guys...they are great... I took mine at PIR.... (Im from Portland),,, planing to do 2fast again in seatlle next month.....:thumbsup:

Yep! PNWRiders.com and this was a 2Fast class. I am going to do Sully's class on the 10th of July and then I am shooting for one of the biggies Keith Codes school down in California.

Track days are an instant addiction! I truly respect the guys who do this for a profession now more then ever. It is so easy to side line quarterback a rider on TV...but you get on a track and you do an entry into a corner at 120 and it is like "Katy bar the door, I think I can make this thing"!

Oneilldn...are you on the site? If so, I am the same name there as well...It is always good to meet folks from the ORG on the PNW site!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Glad to see you are having fun! Appears you now have a perminant addiction to speed!

I will be at Sullivan's school (SullivanRaceSchool.com) on July 9th & 10th. Look me up and we'll have some fun! Hopefully Mark MJN will come as well. I'll be on Mark's ride this weekend. Mark is first class folks and rides the arse off a busa.

By the way, Mark DeGross (2_Fast) puts on a great show. You made a good choice for your first track day! :beerchug:

Glad to see you are having fun! Appears you now have a perminant addiction to speed!

I will be at Sullivan's school (SullivanRaceSchool.com) on July 9th & 10th. Look me up and we'll have some fun! Hopefully Mark MJN will come as well. I'll be on Mark's ride this weekend. Mark is first class folks and rides the arse off a busa.

By the way, Mark DeGross (2_Fast) puts on a great show. You made a good choice for your first track day! :beerchug:

See you this weekend and we can talk more about everything!

Back