First Track Day......done

GSX1R

Registered
Had my first track day on the Busa. Went to NCM in Kentucky with some friends, was really looking forward running the track considering I ride the twisties in the mountains often. Unfortunately, it rained ALL morning with a small rivers running through the turns. Fortunately, it stopped raining after lunch and the track completely dried up.

I had some video but, it was lost when my GroPro got run over the following week. I was able to get some pics from the track photographer though. Thanks for the compliment Keith, it was nice meeting you. I look forward to the next time I'm up there.
1306607.jpg
1306617.jpg
1306622.jpg
1306643.jpg

Great pics! I haven't wrecked - I mean ridden at NCM yet - but I would love to. If you are talking about Keith Abner (I assume that you are) - he is fantastic people, very cool that you got to ride with him.

Yes, it was me. That first pick is a GREAT pic. Hardest continuous rain I've ever ridden a trackday in. I saw you out there but could not break traffic to come up and say hi (before I blew my engine, that is). Like I said, you rode that BUSA fearlessly and looked like you were having a great time. Hope to see you back one of these days!

Very nice shots!! It rained most of the day when I had my first track day too; I was on my SV650. I've only done 3 track days so far, all at the same track and 2 times with the same configuration. My last one was the 2nd of October and I low sided in my fourth session! I came up too fast on another rider and locked up my front, thankfully I walked away and the bike has minimal damage! A new radiator is really all it requires, the rest is cosmetic, it's a naked version. I had a couple of close calls in my 3rd session when my peg feeler dug into the pavement and startled me!!

Riding in the rain teaches mucho throttle and brake control....congrats on doing it right!

Niiiiice save(s), that would have startled me too, nice vid. I hate riding in the rain but I learned how to be smooth and the track. Thanks Fallenarch.

It was a pleasure Keith glad you were ok. I will let you know the next time I'm headed up there.

Back