first top speed run

metric03

Registered
owned the busa for about two years now and last knight i finally did it, before the safety police chime in let me explain the scene. 1:30 in the morning, line of sight to the horizon, no side roads and no place for a cop to hide and most importantly, no brake lights to catch up to. twised the throttle to the stop and banged through all six gears, hit the limiter and still had 2000 rpm to go in sixth, maybe i should get a tre.

:beerchug:

owned the busa for about two years now and last knight i finally did it, before the safety police chime in let me explain the scene. 1:30 in the morning, line of sight to the horizon, no side roads and no place for a cop to hide and most importantly, no brake lights to catch up to. twised the throttle to the stop and banged through all six gears, hit the limiter and still had 2000 rpm to go in sixth, maybe i should get a tre.

no, thank god. although this part of the highway is divided(two lanes per side), i don't think ive ever seen wildlife risk it. the twisty part however is an excersice in cohones.

SAFETY POLICE

1:30 in the morning? How did you even see the horizon. Whew next time do it in the day light, stay safer.

Congratulations on the run.

Last edited:
Woah, you don't live in Missouri, or you would never try that at night; way too many deer here. I saw 3 dead deer on my Sunday ride and about 100 skunks, raccoons, and possums along the 150 miles we went. I hardly ever go very fast after dark around here, but the day time is a little different.

Good on ya, man. Daytime next time, bro!

--Wag--

Too many critters here in Tennessee...I don't dare ride afrter dusk. Daytime is bad enough. Seems like everyday there's a story of deer attacks on cars.

Deer: put a bounty on 'em!

CW

We have lost 3 bikes this fall because of Deer. I Think it is time to cut the deer population down. Night and early early mornings are especially bad but we are seeing them in the mid day also.

I have seen deer in the middle of the city here. The biggest being a 10 point buc. Omaha isn't a huge city. But its fairly large.

Back