First time out at the drag, need some pointers.

Youkai

Registered
I don't get the search button on my home computer (I need some help with the settings). I see it on my work computer but I am at school now.

I am hitting Milan Dragway with our car club at school and I am taking my Busa for its 1st drag day. My question is, what RPM's should I be launching for optimum 60fts? I have a stock 05 Busa and I weigh 240 suited. Thanks fellow members.

Ask the username "him" he had it figured out.. i believe it was about 13,000 and just dump it..

makes for a great vid!

just kidding... I have no idea.. my 60's suck..

doesn't seem to much matter as long as you get WFO ASAP.

I don't get the search button on my home computer (I need some help with the settings).  I see it on my work computer but I am at school now.

I am hitting Milan Dragway with our car club at school and I am taking my Busa for its 1st drag day.  My question is, what RPM's should I be launching for optimum 60fts?  I have a stock 05 Busa and I weigh 240 suited.  Thanks fellow members.
Whan ya hitting Milan? Also what part of MI you from? I am in Toledo,Oh.

Anyhow on to your
rock.gif
hold the RPMs around 3500-4000 and slip the clutch out till you can get WOT also if you have done it already lower the bike as much as possible and get a strap for the front end.Let me know if you need these things and I can give you the number to a shop here in Toledo that has really good prices and usually has what you need in stock.

Tom

We are hitting Milan this weekend, will know the exact details Wednesday.  I am in Flint, MI.  I think I am gonna run it with the stock settings, I have been practicing on the streets and I can't get the front end up easily.  

I consider my brother (160lbs) a decent rider, he got his 04 R6 (then bone stock) to run 11.4 in the 1/4.  He launched the busa and also has a hard time getting the front end up.  So, we will see.  I am gonna have my brother also run the busa too, I sure hope he can get it in the 9's.  I am hoping for a 10.2.

<!--EDIT|Youkai
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130212756 -->

It is impossible to explain what rpm to launch at, and how fast to let the clutch out over the internet. You just gotta feel it. Him took advice far too literally and looped his bike. Best advice I got was to ignore the lights the first few times, and launch like you were riding away form a stop sign hard. The only way to get good is to practice, practice, practice.
Not to rain on your parade, but I doubt you'll get anywhere close to low 10's first time at the dragstrip.

Back