First Time Fall

I dropped my old Gen 1 in my driveway once. Was backing out to go to work and turned too sharply, exhaust hit my ex wifes car, and down I went. Laughed it off and went about my way. Happens to the best of us.

Nex time you head to the dragon, hit me up. I'll meet up with you guys in Atlanta somewhere and go.
I’m sure the ex wife didn’t laugh it off though.:shocked:

I dropped my old Gen 1 in my driveway once. Was backing out to go to work and turned too sharply, exhaust hit my ex wifes car, and down I went. Laughed it off and went about my way. Happens to the best of us.

Nex time you head to the dragon, hit me up. I'll meet up with you guys in Atlanta somewhere and go.
Thanks GA, i’ll certainly keep that in mind for the next time we go up. I know after this one We were plenty sore so we were planning sore, so there’s been some discussion of throwing the bikes in the bed of a truck to bring up there. Partially because my buddy has an R1 which isn’t nearly as comfortable.
I’m not opposed to riding up there, but definitely need some warmer gear first before I do that again

Anything with two wheels falls at some point . I have new take off 2014 passenger pegs in a box upstairs .
I went for lighter / black in color ones years ago . If you want them you can have them .
I appreciate the offer, but another forum member is helping me out on the pegs. I went ahead and ordered another stater cover last night so now there’s just a couple things left to get her back to 100%. The fairings will likely end up waiting a little while, until I get something figured out

Reactions: c10
It happens, but I'm glad you're OK, the bike was OK and you were able to finish up the ride! That's not always easy to do, even if there's no damage...mentally, it can be hard.

I've been riding for 18 years, 15 of those on my Busa. I low-sided last year on a road I've been on a hundred times while riding with a friend, just as we were hitting Cherohala Skyway. I'd already ridden the Dragon alone that morning and was feeling great. After the crash, mentally I was fine, bike was bruised and I later found out I cracked a rib, but 15 years on my Busa and it happened in a turn that's so easy, it felt so silly. I rode it back to our cabin, shook off the initial shock, then went riding again toward the Dragon just to make sure it didn't get in my head too much...that you can go on a ride is the best outcome you can hope for IMHO :)

Back