First Street Race With The Turbo...too Funny

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
A guy pulls up beside me yesterday on his hopped up Victory bagger. He admires my back tire,not even noticing that I'm turbo charged...:whistle:

Anyway,I guess he figures I'm just some shmuck with a wide tire kit.I dunno what makes these guys figure they can even take a stock sportbike;)

So I give him a head start and reel him in with some giant wheel spin going into second.

A couple miles later I let him and his buddies catch up. This time he has nothing to say.

You just got your ass handed to you....:spank: Where do they come from...:dunno: are they born that way,or a product of their environment.

Rubb.

I had a guy on a Harley do the same thing to me. We were running about 70 and he kept blipping the the throttle. I just slowly shifted from 6th to 2nd letting out on the clutch each time sh he could tell I went to a lower gear. When he realized I was still running 70 but now in 2nd he changed his mind and backed off.

Had a buddy back home always try to run me from a highway roll on his r1, and even more after he got a tune and pipe. I'd ask him Hey you sure u want to waste this gas?? Lol

I worked with a guy that had a 1700 Vulcan that got confused by the numbers game. He tried to roll me from a stop light leading to a on ramp. I let him get 3 bikes and went 1st gear, 2nd gear , cya at work tomorrow.

My friends 05 ZX-10 walked me a while back... close, but definable... his was a little bit quicker. The Harley guys are an interesting bunch. Some of them can launch pretty good with the torque and traction working nicely. Second gear is pretty much the end of the contest with those guys.

And if you were to ask the guy on the Harley he'd say he pulled you at the light and you only got him because Bla Bla Bla

You guys are all lucky, I have had on bike try it's luck, a stock Triumph Rocket 3 which belongs to a guy I used to work with. Generally since I live in a college town I get the young immigrant kids in Maseratis, GTR's, and Porshe's try and race me. Usually it's on campus with traffic and kids crossing the streets and poop, I just shake my head and let them act like complete fools. The most recent attempt someone made that I entertained was an SRT Challenger which was a complete waste of gas!

People are funny, even people who should know better. I have a buddy who has ridden for 20+ years, at the time he owned a Ninja 1000 (the standard bike) and a Harley XR1200. He kept going on and on about how his Ninja 1000 had such great torque, he could start out at a stoplight in sixth gear and not kill it etc (which really made me wonder how his clutch was holding out). Anyway, we switched for a little blip up to the Eagle River Nature Center, and the whole time I thought, "Well, this thing is a gutless pig! I wonder what he's thinking?"

We pulled into the gas station (once I caught up with him) on the return where he popped his visor and exclaimed, "I *used* to think my bike had a lot of power!"

:thumbsup:

I guy I bump into sometimes has a nice early gen 1 and in conversation with him he told me once he raced a harley that he thinks was modified at a stoplight or something of that nature he was surprised that the harley kept up with him until about 200kph after that speed he pulled away on his busa but he thinks if the riding position of the harley rider was more sporty maybe he would have kept up with him more of course I don t know if this is true or false storey :thumbsup:

Back