mrbush803

Registered
Hey everybody. I recently got my dads Gen 1 Busa. He wrecked it back in 2011/2012 (all cosmetic). Since then, its been sitting in the garage out of the weather and covered up. I replaced oil and filter, plugs, radiator and coolant, clutches, and switched over to a tank with an internal fuel pump. My question is: I just started it up and it sounds like its running fine (little smoke of course), but every now and then, I hear/feel a clunk in the motor and the idle goes down some when it does. Is there anything i need to be concerned about or is it normal? FYI, this is my first busa

Hey everybody. I recently got my dads Gen 1 Busa. He wrecked it back in 2011/2012 (all cosmetic). Since then, its been sitting in the garage out of the weather and covered up. I replaced oil and filter, plugs, radiator and coolant, clutches, and switched over to a tank with an internal fuel pump. My question is: I just started it up and it sounds like its running fine (little smoke of course), but every now and then, I hear/feel a clunk in the motor and the idle goes down some when it does. Is there anything i need to be concerned about or is it normal? FYI, this is my first busa
Can you get a Video of this occurrence. I am not too sure exactly what it could be. Wuzza is on the right track though but for us to help the more information we can gather the better. Congrats on getting the bike and hope your dad was okay from the wreck.

Ok ill try and remember to get a video when i start back on it. And thanks @jeffgordons24 he was a lil beat up but he pulled through and is still riding. His fiance wasnt too happy at the time cause it was a few weeks before their wedding lol

UPDATE: after letting it run a while, it stopped. I did the external fuel pump conversion to the external pump and had an open vacuum line that went to the external pump. I plugged that hose and it stopped along with stopping my idling issue

Back