First short ride after breakin

M12

Registered
This being my first real "super sport" bike I had been really anxious to get past the initial breakin so I could get on it abit.

I know some folks have different ideas about how you outta treat a new motor ... but ... I decided to take the advise straight outta the Suzuki manual and have kept the bike around 5k rpms since I picked it up a couple weeks ago.

Monday ... after cussing Suzuki for not making an easier method for getting to the filter (put my first small scratch on the fairing trying to get it back on by myself) ... I changed my oil and took it for a spin.

I can feel and hear the bike starting to wakeup on its way to the next recommended limit of 8k ...

I'm excited and very anxious to push it to the red after my next oil change.

Pssssssssst. The Busa is a "Sport Touring" Bike not a super sport.......
tounge.gif
Yeah right!!! Congrats and welcome to the board. You need to get some pictures up. 'Cause we are picture hounds.

DOn

Welcome to the board... just wait til you ride her the way she was meant to be rode....
PICS!!! PICS!!!
smile.gif

Congrats and welcome to the board

mmmmaarrrr neeeeeeeed piccc nnoowww

Gotta love that feel of TORQUE  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Warputer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152117012 -->

wait till you get all the way into it. its sick. a secrete on how to take you plastics off without scratching the bike i learned from the board is to put the blue painters tape on the seam where the 3 allens are. then when you reassemble you wont scratch the plastics.

wait till you get all the way into it.  its sick.  a secrete on how to take you plastics off without scratching the bike i learned from the board is to put the blue painters tape on the seam where the 3 allens are.  then when you reassemble you wont scratch the plastics.
Great advise!

Thanks!

wait till you get all the way into it.  its sick.  a secrete on how to take you plastics off without scratching the bike i learned from the board is to put the blue painters tape on the seam where the 3 allens are.  then when you reassemble you wont scratch the plastics.
Great advise!

Thanks!
Too bad I didn't think of that at first! Ah well, I invested in some touch up paint.

Reference your upcoming oil change. Be REAL careful not to over-torque the drain plug! It's very easy to strip the threads!
blush.gif
Suggest you check the torque figures before re-torquing and save yourself a bunch of headaches.

Back