First run of the season...knocked off a 10th.

Quicker Gixxer

Registered
So I roll out to the 1/8th mile track for the 1st time this year...just wanting to get a feel for it after almost 6 mos sitting in the garage. Ran a 6.96 first pass...then several between 6.65 - 6.67. Switched lanes and busted a 6.42... I couldn't believe it...dropped a full 10th from my best time last year. I quit for the night after that because it's usually frustrating to try and top my best in the same night...it never works...lol I've got a 12" McIntosh arm ready to put on...but I'd like to get under 6.4 swb first. Can't wait until next friday :laugh:

MAM14_1.jpg

MAM 6.42.jpg

were are you running at? I am in council bluffs i assume mam? would love to meet ya down there some time though i dont run my machine on the track...

Looks like your not moving at a green light. :rofl:

Impressive time though....

Lol...the front tire looks a little light, but other than that you're right. As for the time...I'm fairly new to drag racing a Busa so I'm happy with the progress. I don't see many swb bikes out there in the 6.4s...but I know there are plenty out there running faster.

were are you running at? I am in council bluffs i assume mam? would love to meet ya down there some time though i dont run my machine on the track...

Yes..I do run out at MAM...nearly every Friday night when the weather is nice. I save up vacation time during the off season so I can leave work and go play... I generally try to get out there around 6:30-6:45....would love to meet another .org member

Yes..I do run out at MAM...nearly every Friday night when the weather is nice. I save up vacation time during the off season so I can leave work and go play... I generally try to get out there around 6:30-6:45....would love to meet another .org member

Sweet!!! I will try to swing that way this friday evening....

i didnt make it :( im on call this week at work couldnt tear away...next friday for sure!!!!

I was up in the tower Friday night. Watching a couple guys making license passes. You looked pretty good. About time to make the switch to Saturday and see how it goes.
As far as 1/4 or 1/8 mile goes... When the 1/4 mile track is 3 hours away. And the 1/8 mile track is only 20 minutes away... There's one good reason to run the 1/8. That being said. And the rest is just my opinion... I ran the 1/8 several years before I ran the 1/4. Sure it's fun to go a little faster. But drag racing is all about ET not MPH. Far as I am concerned all the fun happens in the first half of that 1/4 mile track. When I am on the 1/4 I make my last shift just past half track. Then just finish the ride. On the 1/8 I am busy all the way down. And it's easier on my bikes. Not saying I don't enjoy the 1/4 mile. Just saying I don't need to run the 1/4 to feel like I'm drag racing. One thing I really enjoy about the 1/4 is this... If you learned on the 1/8. And then go to the 1/4. It seams much more forgiving. You have some time to recover from an error. The 1/8 does not give you any chance to do that. The only way to recover from a mistake on the 1/8 is if the person you're running makes one too... And like I said just my opinion...

I was up in the tower Friday night. Watching a couple guys making license passes. You looked pretty good. About time to make the switch to Saturday and see how it goes.
As far as 1/4 or 1/8 mile goes... When the 1/4 mile track is 3 hours away. And the 1/8 mile track is only 20 minutes away... There's one good reason to run the 1/8. That being said. And the rest is just my opinion... I ran the 1/8 several years before I ran the 1/4. Sure it's fun to go a little faster. But drag racing is all about ET not MPH. Far as I am concerned all the fun happens in the first half of that 1/4 mile track. When I am on the 1/4 I make my last shift just past half track. Then just finish the ride. On the 1/8 I am busy all the way down. And it's easier on my bikes. Not saying I don't enjoy the 1/4 mile. Just saying I don't need to run the 1/4 to feel like I'm drag racing. One thing I really enjoy about the 1/4 is this... If you learned on the 1/8. And then go to the 1/4. It seams much more forgiving. You have some time to recover from an error. The 1/8 does not give you any chance to do that. The only way to recover from a mistake on the 1/8 is if the person you're running makes one too... And like I said just my opinion...

I was real happy with my first pass... 6.43...then I tried to leave a little harder on the next one and came up with 6.54.....GRRRR..lol Then Firehawk dumped oil everywhere and I called it a night. As for your opinion regarding 1/4 vs 1/8 mile... I agree. I can pretty much tell what my et would be in the 1/4 from the 1/8th anyway....and like you said "all the fun happens in the first half of that 1/4 mile". As for Saturday... I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet...I'm not even sure how all of that works...lol My confidence is growing though as I don't see any other swb bikes running 6.4's and I know I can get down into the 6.3's. Then I'll put that other swingarm on and think about Saturdays :)

Back