First ride of the season

I got out yesterday also
IMG_2370.JPG

Here in the Midwest weather if finally turning and we are getting some decent weather. Wanted to remind everyone to take some time look your bike over. Make sure tire pressure is good and the brakes feel good.....Then be careful this was a long hard winter. The roads are full of sand. A lot of accidents are slow turns and the sand gets them on their side all the time. Potholes wow they are big and lots of them. Stay safe and have fun!

Here in the Midwest weather if finally turning and we are getting some decent weather. Wanted to remind everyone to take some time look your bike over. Make sure tire pressure is good and the brakes feel good.....Then be careful this was a long hard winter. The roads are full of sand. A lot of accidents are slow turns and the sand gets them on their side all the time. Potholes wow they are big and lots of them. Stay safe and have fun!
Saw a very inexperienced rider go down last weekend, he was riding a Honda Shadow. Made a mistake and panicked, making it worse. He is a 'prospect' with a local R/C who I am not friendly with, but a rider in trouble is still a rider in trouble, so I stopped. Helped him up, helped him get the bike picked up and pointed out that without his helmet on (it had a good size impact and drag mark on the left cheek) we would be having a very different conversation. His clubmates came back for him, we went over the bike, he shook my hand, thanked me and rode it back home. Little rash, no broken bones, hurt pride. Cold asphalt, cold tires, sand, cinders, chat, turning too fast and inexperienced enough to grab a handful of brake.

Back