First Ride at night report

Outerlimits

Registered
Man, put about 50 miles on the bike last night. I am loving the bike more and more every time i get on it. Now, on my old '02 R6, the lights were pretty good, but the high beam was absolutely pointless as all it did was let me see the owls in the tops of the trees. So last night, my first night ride with the bike, i decide to flick on the high beams and WOW, those babies are nice. The regular headlight is already amazing, thing lights up the whole damn road and out tol the sides as well. Yay!!

That's easy, as soon as you hear the irish voice going: "i can't push it any farther, captain", you know you're in warp mode ...

I ride with my highbeams on all the time(except at night with oncoming traffic). People see you a lot better in the day.

I also ride with the high beam on during the day. The night visibilty is awesome, I am glad they don't shut off the low beam when the high beam goes on. My old bike had that and the high beams were worthless by themselves.

Er, well, they're better than the ones on my K-RS, but they're still just a pair of 55w halogens. They're nice, but the first time you overrun the light and almost plough a deer you'll probably be looking at something else, like higher wattage bulbs or HIDs (what I have).

HIDs are swell because they can't cook the wiring and actually save a few watts on the alternator for other things (they take a lot of wattage when they ignite, however).

For visibility with other motorists, a "triangle of light" is preferable so they can judge your distance/speed better -- a couple of running lights, motolights (fork lights), or the like are great for that.

That's easy, as soon as you hear the irish voice going: "i can't push it any farther, captain", you know you're in warp mode ...
Thats a SCOTS voice not an irish one. And its saying," She canna take any more Captain."

biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Maybe I've got different lights (not). I'd have to say the lights are completely crap, given the performance of the bike. Actually, just crap.

Back