First oil change

too many toys

Registered
Its time for my first oil change. Im not sure what type of oil to use and where to get it. Im located in NYC. I do know that Im not supposed to use automotive oil. I would like to stick with synthetic if possible. Thanks for the help.
beerchug.gif

I used Amsoil Synthetic ($10/qt) for my oil change. You can use Automotive oil, just don't get one with 'friction modifiers'. Grab a filter. And go for it!
wink.gif

try the dealer for oil and filter.Can't go wrong.I use the suzuki 10w40 and the stock filter. No problems yet. good luck.

If you want to wait for synth until you have 3-4,000 miles on it you might try Valvoline M/C specific 10x40. Available at most auto parts stores for 3.95 a Qt. I've used it in one of my CBXs for years and it seems to work just fine. I've used Amsoil in my Busa since breakin and its great!

I called the dealer to find out about a filter and they told me that if they didnt do the first oil change it would void my warranty. Anyone else ever heard of this? Sounds like a load to me.
guns.gif

(too many toys @ Sep. 27 2007,23:35) I called the dealer to find out about a filter and they told me that if they didnt do the first oil change it would void my warranty. Anyone else ever heard of this? Sounds like a load to me.
guns.gif
Thats BS, just keep good records and all of your receipts. Now tell that fool your going to find another shop to work on your bike.

Nothing wrong with "automotive oil." As Whitele said above, you just have to make sure it doesn't have friction modifiers in it.

Other than that, you're good to go.

--Wag--

I personally wouldn't go synthic until I had 2000 miles on the engine. Then I switched to Mobil 1 Syn. for motorcycles ($10.00 per qt) ! Why Mobil 1
wink.gif
, because I've NEVER had any problems using it with my other bikes for years and it seems to make oil-ie things smooooother and happy-er
tounge.gif
. And I'am a; "IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT" type of Guy  
beerchug.gif

My bike has 1500 miles. I changed to valv. moto. 10w40 at 600 miles. changed to amsoil 10w40 moto at 1000. HIGHLEY recommend the amsoil. You will feel the difference in the gearbox...(transmission). This is second new bike I have done this...no problems. (I would use motocycle oil for the warranty) that is just my opinion...
super.gif

Back