First non harley

exharleyguy

Registered
Picking up my 02 Busa Wednesday. Never been on a fast bike before. Did I make the right choice? Don't want to kill myself. How forgiving is this bike?

Any words of wisdom for me?

Thanks

Hey Exharley guy> welcome to the real world!! This is my first fast bike too and I dont think you will have any regrets. Its a big chage but just have respect for your new machine and enjoy the ride!!

withstupid.gif
withstupid.gif
You mean you don't know. HELLO.

Just be carefull.

Hey BUSA GIRL. Wheres your pic at?

withstupid.gif

Hey exharley, did you make the right choice? Well you came to a bias place to ask that. Although I seem to be the most unbias person here since I own both types of bikes. You bought a damn good and fast bike. Did you buy a comfortable bike, hell no. Anyone that says the Busa is comfortable has never riden anything but sportbikes I guess and doesnt know what comfort on a bike is. If you wanted comfort you should have stayed on a Harley, if you wanted fast you got your azz on the right bike.

I HAVE OWNED 2 HARLEYS THE FIRST THING IS YOU WONT BE STRANDED ANY MORE AND WHEN YOU GET WHERE YOU ARE GOING ON A BUSA IT DOES NOT FEEL LIKE YOU GOT YOUR ASS KICKED!!! I HAVE BEEN ON BIKES ALL MY LIFE AND BY FAR YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CONTROL THIS BIKE A HELL OF ALOT BETTER THAN YOUR OLD BIKE. THE EXCELARATION OF THIS ONE WILL BE SO MUCH SMOOTHER IT HAS AS MUCH AS YOU WANT TO GIVE IT... SO JUST TAKE IT EASY FOR A WHILE GET USED TO THE FEEL OF THE BIKE AND SLOWLY WORK YOUR WAY UP ... WELCOME ABOARD  
aktion033.gif

Comfort is not the biggest factor, but controllability is. I know how to respect the machine and I plan on taking my time getting to know it. I've heard that the Busa is harded to turn than other bikes, is that true? Thanks for your responses, looking forward to many years of fun riding.

hey ex-harleyguy,

i have a FATBOY, (eventhough i don't ride it that much anymore) it was an easy transition weight wise to the BUSA but power was a whole other story!!! damn!! that's why it's so hard for me to ride the harley now, it's just so slooooooww. i hate when i'm on it and a sportbike zips by me. as you will soon find out, cornerning is nite and day from the harley. i dip through the twisties all the time on my BUSA and keep up with the smaller bikes in the turns... just take your time to get the feel of what your bike will do, and what your own personal capabilities are until you are really comfortable then cut loose....

like jetset says, "shiny side up" good luck!!

Lo

p.s. yes i am married, although barely because of "THAT DAMN BIKE!!!!" LOL
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

aktion033.gif

One up riding I love the Busas comfort I have ridin a bunch of bikes and have owned a Nighthawk and a FZ 600 GSXR750 and 1100 I have riden a Vmax a couple of Harleys I dont recommend drag bars for comfort but they sure do look good your just all bent over I thought that was uncomfortable My friends and I are headed for Canada this weekend it will be the longest trip on my Busa I have been 300 miles in a day and didnt have any problems If my girlfriend puts her wieght on me while driving I get a small kink in my neck thats about it

Thanks LO & 24x

Funny thing is I just got divorced and me racing my car was a big factor. I can't imagine how she would have handled the bike.
wow.gif

I have a dyna glide which is a little lighter and faster than the Fat Boy, plus I added about 40 hp to it with mods. Still can't wait to feel that pull of the Busa in the straights. I have a feeling I won't be dissapointed.
ernaehrung004.gif

I am damn near divorced because I love the Busa so much. Just remember the Busa is not forgiving, especially if you are traveling over 150mph.

maybe we should start a new thread.....how close to divorce are we??? I hope mine is done by this Friday!! HHmmm....Busa and divorce....you guys and girls seeing a pattern here??
wow.gif

I can't help but jump in here because I hate to see some bad information keeping someone away from choosing a Hayabusa. You've already purchased yours and have enjoyed the first 150 miles and will make your own conclusions now but others reading this thread may decide not to buy a Busa because of the comments made by "win43win". I don't think that "win43win" is right in saying that the Busa is not comfortable. It may be correct for him to say that the Busa is not comfortable for him but to make you think that there is no way anyone (other than sportbike riders) could think a Busa is comfortable is wrong. I've ridden about everything out there and I think the Busa is fairly comfortable and can be made even more so with a few minor mods. Whether a Harley is more comfortable than a Busa is a matter of personal preference and would depend a lot on what kind of riding you do and is really irrelevant (our Toyota mini van is more comfortable than my Hayabusa...and what does that tell me??????) Anyway....the fact that I find the Hayabusa comfortable and have put many miles on all types of motorcycles proves win43win's information incorrect. And even though I find the Hayabusa very comfortable I would never say that the Hayabusa would definitely be comfortable for everyone. ---My two cents for those who may be put off by win43win's comments.

I can't see how people say a harley in comfortable. My sportster beats the hell out of me even when i take it around the block (thats as far as i go anymore, just to keep the fluids circulating. It is depressing having this urge to ride a busa and not being able to, yet
sad.gif
) I just sit at the comp and stare at the maisto on my monitor.

BTW, Wal-Mart sell the maisto busas for 2 dollars. Their in the toy section with the little matchbox cars. So, dont pay the 15 dollars everyone wants for them.

I've put over 650 miles on my Busa in the last 3 days. I have to say that it is surprisingly more comfortable than my Harley. I don't get beat up by the wind, vibration, riding position, or the effort it takes to handle the bike. I am very impressed and I'm looking forward to getting to the thousand mark by the end of the weekend.

Thanks.

If you think its comfortable now, wait till you get a few thousand miles on it and its really broken in  
aktion035.gif

aktion035.gif
. At that point It'll own ya ....lolol

aktion035.gif

Back