first near death experience of the season... gonna be a good season

2006busa

Registered
so im going down a very sraight part of a very nicely paved road that i just so happen to know about. its about 15 miles of nothing but a straight road, i mean you can see the stoplight thats at the other end of the 15 mile long section at night, this is one of those roads where if you so desire you could do a top speed run on it:poke:, naturally im doing the speed limit on it :whistle:. all of a sudden i feel like a vibration is developing in my front tire. maybe 2 seconds after i notice it my bike takes a mean dive for the centerline of the road and then without warning im going back the other way heading for the ditch:shocked: ,it was so strong it took all the leaning i could to keep it on the road/shoulder. then once i get back down around the speed limit my handle bars begin to shake pretty violently. i finnaly got it off to the side of the road and by this time i knew what the culprit was. Im thanking my lucky stars that im in one piece after this one.

2011-04-10_17-46-49_876.jpg

2011-04-10_17-47-07_683.jpg

2011-04-10_18-06-30_921.jpg

i was pretty shook up after the whole thing. i couldn't dial my phone to call for the trailer for about 10 minutes because i was shaking pretty badly

A little reminder, always make sure you have enough tread on your tires and stay away from the cheap stuff:laugh:

What brand was that front tire?

is it hard to change tires on chrome rims. ive done it to stock rims but never on chrome rims is it any different

something that most of us dont even think about I would bet. Glad youre ok and able to give us a forewarning!

Back