First near death experence

FinallyGotaBusa

Registered
When I bought my busa a couple of weeks ago my girlfriend got the 2002 CBR 600 F4i I had been riding for the past year, she is not too experenced of a rider so I wont let her ride without a helmet, but before I woke up she took off to the store about 6 blocks away and sure enough.....no lid. she was making a left turn and some ####### in a civic sped up and tried to hit her, she did not believe me that there were that kind of people out there, she was almost in tears when she came in the house.....all I have to say is he is lucky I was not there cuz I am a pretty decent rider and know damn well my busa would have cought him and I probably would have beat him to death...........it discusts me that people like that exist out there
firedevil.gif

Thats sux...

My only thought would be get both of you to the MSF in a hurry. Sounds like it could really help you both. The class does a good job of helping you identify hazards and dangers while riding. It's pretty fun as well.

Having a wife/girlfriend that rides is a huge bonus, should make getting out there a whole lot more fun...

Ya know the other benefit of ruding with a helmet is once you catch up to the guy you can go for a good head but to the idiot or pull off the helmet and beat em to near death
mad.gif

Ya know the other benefit of ruding with  a helmet is once you catch up to the guy you can go for a good head but to the idiot or pull off the helmet and beat em to near death  
mad.gif
Keeping your helmet on is a good idea, just be sure to undo the chin strap... Keep your gloves on also...

That's what I was thinking. Those new gloves I ordered with the chrome knuckle savers should do nicely in this situation.
biggrin.gif
A tinted shield would also keep the poor idiot from being able to ID you in a line-up.
wink.gif

It really pisses me off when I here about cars intentionally swerving towards motorcycles. Makes me just......:angry:

Have been hearing about this more and more lately. How difficult would it be for you to get a concealed carry license there? Might be a good idea to keep them little fart can ricers off of you. There was a thread on another site about a rider getting killed. Apparently SOME car clubs, not all have got this new thing were they purposely try to hit riders that are stunting. This aspect is new to me though. Colt .45 ACP solves just about any problem you could have
firedevil.gif

I just picked up my Busa today. I have 15 miles on it...I was coming home tonight from a short ride... 4 lane highway. I was in the left lane, towards the center. When I approached my turn lane, I signaled and throttled up slightly. There were cars in front and in back so this *&^@ behind me wasn't going anywhere. As I get to the left side of the lane (turn lane still about 20 feet away)... this ghetto punk in a lowrider civic misses my right bar by no more than a foot on purpose and then cuts hard across my front and looks at me like eat sh*t and die. He did not even wait for me to get into the turn lane. I was so irrate. My first reaction was to follow him to the next red light, kick stand the Busa, take off my helmet and swing for his head, because in my mind what he did borderlines on attempted murder... or at least assault with a deadly weapon. ... we were cruising at about 40-50 MPH ...however I kept my cool and went home. I was pissed for quite some time... almost enough to make me secondguess owning a bike down here. If I were 10 years younger I would be getting bailed out about now.

I ride Cannondales up A1A on the weekends in Florida training for Triathlons... drivers routinely "graze" you on bikes. I have actually been hit once which almost put me down. I have known many friends that get grazed. In fact, some drivers make it real clear that they are doing it on purpose because sometimes they will put an exclamation on it by honking their horn. Some lady did that to a rider in my pack onday during a race... unfortunately for her, the the red light changed up the road.... she was stuck. This guy peddled like I have never seen. Got to her side and bashed in her quarter panel with his medal clips on his shoe. The lady said nothing and drove on. She knew she was wrong. Poetic justice.

People down here are just real pieces of work. Just make sure all you other riders enjoy the open country roads and other places to ride. Down here, you have to trailer your bike west or north to get any comfortable riding in. Sometimes I really wish I lived in Cali or somewhere with nice rides. But then I realize I have a boat in my backyard at the dock and can be in the Bahamas in 2 hours... tough choices.
cool.gif

Hey Liquordale, it's bad all over Florida. To much heat, Humidity, and Stupidity.

Get your concealed carry. Buy a shined up .357cal Desert Eagle. Learn to wave it around without actually pointing it at anybody.

Hey Liquordale, it's bad all over Florida.  To much heat, Humidity, and Stupidity.

Get your concealed carry.  Buy a shined up .357cal Desert Eagle.  Learn to wave it around without actually pointing it at anybody.
Yep.......I'm movin to the States soon.......good place to raise kids.
tounge.gif

You guys freak me out, always talkin bout packin.......I'm a huge fan of artillery....and own my fare share, but have never had to carry up here....... what gives?
rock.gif

what gives is my life.  i REFUSE to be a victim.  remember the incident in luby's where a guy walked in a killed a bunch of people?? and it seems the cool thing to do now is get mad at work, kill the boss.  not to my family they wont.  they can have my wallet and my gun after they get all 11 of the .40 cal rounds in it, and the other 10 if i get to reload. i carry EVERYWHERE i can legally carry.  only way to have it when you need it is to have it all the time.
brave.gif
jump9.gif
brave.gif
soapbox.gif

ok i'm stepping off of the soapbox now. peace

brave.gif

Have been hearing about this more and more lately.  How difficult would it be for you to get a concealed carry license there?  Might be a good idea to keep them little fart can ricers off of you.  There was a thread on another site about a rider getting killed.  Apparently SOME car clubs, not all have got this new thing were they purposely try to hit riders that are stunting. This aspect is new to me though.  Colt .45 ACP solves just about any problem you could have
firedevil.gif
you know thats funny cuz my girlfriend downloaded the papers to get the concealed carry license yesterday and is sending them off on monday.......bout a 2 month wait though.......guy was pretty lucky she didnt think about this two months ago

what gives is my life.  i REFUSE to be a victim. ...
(a) You would have to be a frickin' GENIUS with a handgun to produce it, chamber a round/cock it, aim, and follow through and NOT knock your ass off the bike and/or hit some kid in a child seat by mistake (e.g., How many of us are right-handed? What do we twist on the right-hand grip, eh?).

Don't even think about it -- at least not on any roads I use.

(b) You'll go to jail, also, without a doubt -- "self defense" or no -- and you'll never see your bike outside of chain link and barbed wire again. Even states with concealed carry hold a really dim view of gunfights on the open road. Oh, and they'll take your gun(s), no matter what.

Concealed carry and transportation are legally two different things, also, and the rules for transportation are always more strict. Since you sort of both "wear" and and "transport with" a bike, it's a gray area and that won't work to your advantage in court either.

- - - - -

Oh, and his girlfriend was damn lucky, or maybe she was just a good rider. Even if you've had the BRC/ERC or private training (which she very well may have), there is no mention of how to evade threats that CHASE you on the road.

OTOH, this does seem to be happening more often of late. Some dork tried to run ME off the road on Friday.

Story was, this fella was tailgaiting me on this rural, two lane road at a good clip with nowhere for me to pull off (shoulder = swamp) or him to pass (too much traffic). When the road widened to four lanes and divided, he had the perfect chance to pass (plenty of room ahead and behind), so he tried to -- right through ME, in MY lane.

I watched every second of this in my little parabolic mirror (useful, $2, wouldn'tve seen it otherwise) with amazement, jaw scraping the tank bag. Just as he got his front bumper within a foot of my peg and I was edging into the curb, I hit the warp drive.

Using a small fraction of my 1298cc's, I shucked the bastard. I was amazed to see, however (from about 1/2mi away), that he was still booking, tearing back and forth through traffic, trying to catch up. I don't think this guy was trying to tell me my taillight was out, either -- I checked my lights when I got home, just to be sure
biggrin.gif

Be safe, everyone. Come back in one piece, that's what counts.

what gives is my life.  i REFUSE to be a victim. ...
(a) You would have to be a frickin' GENIUS with a handgun to produce it, chamber a round/cock it, aim, and follow through and NOT knock your ass off the bike and/or hit some kid in a child seat by mistake.

Don't even think about it.

(b) You'll go to jail, also, without a doubt, and you'll never see your bike outside of chain link and barbed wire again. Even states with concealed carry hold a really dim view of gunfights on the open road. Oh, and they'll take your gun, no matter what.

Concealed carry and transportation are legally two different things, and the rules for transportation are always more strict. Since you sort of both "wear" and and "transport with" a bike, it's a gray area and that won't work to your advantage in court either.
i dont believe anyone said anything about having a rolling gunfight.  usually the sight of a glock grip sticking out from under your shirt (which happens to flap around when one is in motion) gets you a little more courtesy than normal. and as far as i can tell, i dont belive anyone made any reference to shhtong someones child in a carseat.  MSF was just wondering what was up with people here in the states carrying.  perfectly understandle sine he's from another country.  bottom line is, you start trying to run someone off of the road with a car, your car just became a deadly weapon.  if you try to get away and they follow you, they are threatening your LIFE.....  which according to state law here in texas, means you are being threatened with deadly force. and you did everything you could to get away but were unable to since the other person is in a vehicle and can follow.  hence and thusforth, you are FULLY JUSTIFIED in using deadly force to protect not only your life but any other lives that are in immediate danger.

... and you did everything you could to get away but were unable to since the other person is in a vehicle and can follow.  hence and thusforth, you are FULLY JUSTIFIED in using deadly force to protect not only your life but any other lives that are in immediate danger.
...Which would lead to a rolling gunfight unless, by some absurd chance the guy chasing you (in a CAR, which any 'Busa can get out of sight of in most conditions) stops somewhere and lets you come up to him -- in which case, you are the aggressor!

It doesn't work, in other words. The best think a biker can safely do, in the eyes of the law, is get the heck outa Dodge, any way they can. The only catch is if the bike is stopped and the car charges them -- I could see that working out for the armed biker.

I have no issue with guns per se, or concealed carry, btw -- I wish we had it in MD. I am just sensitive to the circumstances of their use. If a personal firearm can only legally be used as a defensive weapon, and a biker is armed, then that biker will be faced with defending themselves on their bike, usually while moving.

And that's hard/dangerous/probably illegal to do. Harder/more dangerous/more illegal, I might add, than evasion under most conditions.

Sorry FGB.....didn't know this topic would jump like this.
Maybe I should start a new thread.
It'll be in Random if anyone cares to share.

Never wrestle with a pig in the mud cause you both get dirty and the pig likes it.........

peace

Hey Liquordale, it's bad all over Florida.  To much heat, Humidity, and Stupidity.

Get your concealed carry.  Buy a shined up .357cal Desert Eagle.  Learn to wave it around without actually pointing it at anybody.
Yep.......I'm movin to the States soon.......good place to raise kids.
tounge.gif

You guys freak me out, always talkin bout packin.......I'm a huge fan of artillery....and own my fare share, but have never had to carry up here....... what gives?
rock.gif
Hi there! (in the voice of Washington from Welcome back Cotter)

lets not get on the subject of countries, ideals, gvmt, etc...
I found out that I am not allowed in your cuntry because I had a DUI in the past. THAT is assinine. I was invited to a huge race next month........... guess what? cant go!

Back