First MX race

PDBusa

who, me?
Donating Member
Registered
While you guys and gals were enjoying the nice smooth curves of the Dragon, My son and I had our first MX races this weekend. He did well with a 5th place in first moto and 4th place in the second. I finished both motos which is what my intent was... I was really pretty much out of my element, 10th in first and 8th in second. I'm very proud of my son, and best Pal, Thomas.
On with the pics: Oh, he is number 5, I am 173... :whistle:

DSCF1506.jpg

DSCF1546.jpg

20100424100553(1).jpg

DSCF1521.jpg

DSCF1533.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. I got placed in the 30+ novice class and really should have checked birth certificates and resumes. I know of at least two who had raced before. Those guys were younger, and fast, and I... was not. :laugh: But I finished both motos! :cheerleader:

Congrats on finishing both moto's, I wish my body would allow me to get out and do it every weekend.

Good work :thumbsup: Congrtas to both of you. I have been out of the moto cross seen for a while but have been kicking around blowing the dust off my cr 250. My litttle cousin got a bike and wants to learn.

WTG Charlie.. That is really good, Moto X is one of the toughest sports there is.. Thomas is looking real good there. Remember practice as you can never ride to much. :beerchug:

I think if you're going to dump all your Busa friends, we'll give you the free pass since you did take up a fun sport with your son :thumbsup: I sure do giving you crap though...I guess I can poke fun at your "advanced years" amongst the 30-somethings :whistle:

Glad you had fun!!! Keep sharing pics and let us know when they let you race Thomas :laugh:

:smileyexhibit:

Awesome! I have had my two boys dabbling in riding dirt bikes but downhilling and bmx hobbies left too little time and too little disposable income! Maybe your son can be the next GOAT!

I did think of you guys at the Bash riding on nice smooth, clean, gently twisting and turning roads as I was getting thrown all over the freakin dirty muddy track eating dirt. And you know how I am about keeping my rides clean....:rulez:

DSCF1579.jpg

I think if you're going to dump all your Busa friends, we'll give you the free pass since you did take up a fun sport with your son :thumbsup: I sure do giving you crap though...I guess I can poke fun at your "advanced years" amongst the 30-somethings :whistle:

Glad you had fun!!! Keep sharing pics and let us know when they let you race Thomas :laugh:

:smileyexhibit:

Yeah, about the age thing.... as Kevin always said just before being sent to the corner, "Hello Pot, this is Kettle" :poke:

Congrats... i looks fun... we weren't exactly sticking to the smooth roads at the dragon this past weekend... cuz we brought a dual sport and a super motard to the Busa Bash.... we even went off roading through the mountins on a logging road.. through rivers and creeks too!!

tards.jpg

DR20.jpg

Congrats... i looks fun... we weren't exactly sticking to the smooth roads at the dragon this past weekend... cuz we brought a dual sport and a super motard to the Busa Bash...

How do you like the DRZ400SM? I have been putting a lot of thought into picking one of those up to play with as it looks like a real hoot!

The pic of you two cleaning your bikes is absolutely priceless.
That moment in time makes all worth while doesnt it ?

Just like daddy hes got white T shirt and striped pants on !
Reminds me of somebody I know who wants to be just like me !

Too cool.
Great mems, thanks for sharing them.

Back