First mods:)

falco

Registered
Hi guys.
Just a little update to my life with the Busa.
Thanks to all the info I found on this place I have slightly modified my Busa in the attempt to fit in better and I must say so far so good.
First thing I have raised the bars one inch with aluminum risers witch I got from a FL board member 071300r.
DSCF7219.jpg

Next I did the Buell pegs with an extension on the shifter lever.
DSCF7220.jpg

DSCF7217.jpg

Changed the windshield with a Puig DB and extended the stock mirrors.
DSCF7218.jpg

Also I have modified the hump for storage.
I have being riding this bike for about 1500 miles so far and I like it more and more every ride.
ThumbsUp.gif

I wish I could have made to the Bash, I will plan ahead for next year.
Thank you all, happy riding.
Gio.

Looking good! Hope you are enjoying how it feels.

One question though... What did you use for the shifter to extend it like that? It looks good.

Also you can take the time to adjust the brake and shifter levers. Loosen the two bolts on the handle bar and rotate the lever down some to where you feel comfortable. Lots people don't bother with this and it makes a big difference in riding comfort IMO.

Loosen it up move to where you think it feels good. Snug them up real good(not fully tightened). Throw wrench in pocket. Drive it around. Pull over and rinse repeat until you find that sweet spot. Then tighten them up proper. It will make life easier on your wrists.

I actually leave the Levers slightly loose so am able to move with a little effort

If ever a tip over they will move up without breaking Pazzo's

used to do it when I had my dirt bike, works great

Hi Strife.
I had the local weld-shop replace the shifter peg with a longer one and I recycled the stock rubber thingy with a couple of small extra pieces of rubber tubing on each side of it.
I did adjust the levers on the handle bars, but the wrench in the pocket sounds like a good idea.
Thanks for your comments guys.
And thanks 071300r that was a good deal.
Today I undressed my baby for the first time.
I replaced the oil whit Mobil1 20-50 and Suzuki filter.
Replaced the cooling fluid and no more white stuff on the bottom of the coolant overflow tank now.
Also adjusted the idle speed.
She purrs like a happy tiger!
beerchug.gif

I really need to get on a stretch of open road and see what she can really do!
Happy riding to you all.
Ciao for now.
Gio.

Good deal.

One other thing came to mind. The break and clutch lines. Check to see if they have enough travel. You can unbolt the bracket on each line to give a little more slack. Just follow the line down from the top and you will see what I am talking about. Can loosen them up from below the fairing. Keep in mind that the forks extend and having the lines strained from this can eventually be hazardous.

Good deal.

One other thing came to mind. The break and clutch lines. Check to see if they have enough travel. You can unbolt the bracket on each line to give a little more slack. Just follow the line down from the top and you will see what I am talking about. Can loosen them up from below the fairing. Keep in mind that the forks extend and having the lines strained from this can eventually be hazardous.
I think the stock rubber lines have a little extra length and can stretch a little (do it at your own risk), but if you raise the master cylinder/handlebars and use ss lines, it is CRITICAL to get longer lines.

I raised my bars 1", ordered Speigel ss lines with an extra inch in length and it was a good thing I did. I would estimate that the forks might be able to extend another 1/4" without stressing anything, but after that, something's gotta give.

Topping out and ripping off a line at the caliper or m/c without realizing it and then not having brakes when you need them would suck.

Blue

Back