first mods to my new 06 limited

rdwarrior

Registered
Well I got almost 500 miles on my new 06 pearl white limited and I have done three mods to it so far, first was a center stand, I know, I know, I aint a peg scraper ,hell I hardley scrape the floor boards on my "110" cubic inch  road star silverado,LOL, But making chain oil maintance and cleaning the rims is alot easier this way, especially on a log trip.I also installed the ivans TRE to bypass the speed limiter,you know for bench raceing, for bragging rights,LOL,bike is smoother and SEEMS to have a little more ompn on the first four gears with it .I also installed the HELI bars, that made a HUGE difference in the slow speed turning for me and alot more comphy,also the colbin seat mod is in the works,for dropping down another inch or so,this should be perfect for me,no more tippy toe's..Next will be the mirror extenders, they are soley needed as the stockers are use less and DANGEROUS. and a doubble bubble, after that the exhaust, want a four into one, but not sure if the center stand will fit with it.Like they say,we make the bike, you make it your own, of course yamaha said that, but that goes for all the bikes,LOL. Im really likeing the BUSA, I get alot of cage owners staring at it, im pretty sure its the color of the bike? Well got to go and put another 100 miles on and dump the oil and filter.

cool
wheres the pics you know the
post-52-02162-rulez8bn.gif

Nice choice of mods. Rather than my original plan, which was to move to a Gold Wing later in life, I plan to make the Busa more tour worthy as well. There's something about this engine I just can't let go of
smile.gif

(Red05 @ Oct. 15 2006,09:22) Nice choice of mods. Rather than my original plan, which was to move to a Gold Wing later in life, I plan to make the Busa more tour worthy as well. There's something about this engine I just can't let go of
smile.gif
I love the very flat strong torque pull and I like that it doesent hit real hard all of a sudden like my 06 FZ1 did. Today I finnaly actually hit the red line in secound and was waiting for the bike to hit hard like a liter sport bike(R1,GIXER1000,ect), but it didn't ,just pulled like a freight train on steriods,LOL. Im lovin it.I can run it  in 6TH gear at 1500 rpm's and just motor away.AWSOME.
muscle.gif
From what I read about the ZX14, that motor doesent have anything on the busa untill after 5,000 rpm's, so to me this busa has a more real world riding motor in it, im glad I didn't buy the ZX14 when I was looking at it, besides it is ugly in my opinion.

Back