First mods for a rookie?

billbell

Jap is where it's at!
Donating Member
Registered
I am a new Busa owner and I wonder if someone can give me some ideas for mods that most do right away and tips on how to do it. Such as removing the small reflectors?

pull reflectors and cut the rear fender
smile.gif

Do the free stuff first, reflectors, stickers, trim the fender. Then get a full exhaust, air filter and Power Commander.
cool.gif

I did risers, throttlemeister, reflectors, cut fender, gel seat.

Dude just start slow like me. Remove reflectors, pc3r. full muzzy system, blue gauges, chrome out the whole bike, undertail kit, leds. and that was just in the first 2 months of ownership.
laugh.gif

Check the Mods forum and see what you feel comfortable doing, given your skill level and bank account balance. There's some really good, free/cheap mods in there (hump mod, fender mod, kickstand mod, etc etc). Probably a good place for you to start.
smile.gif

I am a new Busa owner and I wonder if someone can give me some ideas for mods that most do right away and tips on how to do it.  Such as removing the small reflectors?
Not a must that you have to do any of them right away. Enjoy the bike, you will be very happy with it stock for a while.  Then get a feel for what YOU want or need.  Plenty of time fr that.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077932245 -->

Thanx for the tips...This maybe a dumb question but what is a throttlemeister?

How high do you trim the fender?
How High? Just about Yea ^ high....

If you look at the rear fender there are a few different options, you can just lop off the whole damn thing and then figure out where to hang you plate and signals; just be careful not to cut into your trunk area. The other option is to just trim off enough to still leave you something to hang your plate with. There are a lot of options, pic what you think will look best, or trim off 8" have a look and adjust from there.

I am a new Busa owner and I wonder if someone can give me some ideas for mods that most do right away and tips on how to do it.  Such as removing the small reflectors?
Not a must that you have to do any of them right away. Enjoy the bike, you will be very happy with it stock for a while.  Then get a feel for what YOU want or need.  Plenty of time fr that.
biggrin.gif
I agree 100%. Keep your money in your pocket and as you ride and look at your bike needed mods will become apparnt to you.

You may decide you like the rear fender as is, but the handlebars are too low, or maybe the brakes are too Mushy, etc. find the mods that YOU want and then get to it.

Devinitely thinking throttlemeister then. Hopefully keep me from speeding too much!

Back