First long road trip on Busa!

Ft Campbell Busa

Registered
Well, I just turned 7K miles on the Busa riding from Fort Benning, Ga to Ft. Campbell, Ky. It was just over 400 miles and a bit more painful than I thought, lol. I normally run the bike at the track and do not do a ton of street riding. I raised the lowering links and changed out the M/T MCR2 for a Shinko Raven. Overall, riding through the Smokey Mountains was fun even being extended almost 6". It was a goal to go through the Smokeys that I sat back in Iraq so I am glad that I did it. I am driving my truck back, lol. If anyone saw a stretched black Busa on I-24 or I-75 Thursday it was me. I do think the dragstrip is much safer after the trip now!

Your sore because your not use to riding extended times. No matter what you rode, you would feel this way at first. 400 miles cut up with 2 fuel stops, one meal break shouldn't be a problem. You might have just tried to go too far between stops for your first long ride. Keep on, it just gets better and better, and that 400 mile day will become a snap:beerchug:

Yep, the first 6K were a 1/8th or 1/4 mile at a time, lol. I did only stop twice and started to cramp up at the end. I made a bit longer trip on my first bike years ago. It was a Yamaha YZF-600R. I rode t Detroit from here which is 532 miles. I rode there and back in 2 days! I went about 1100 miles that weekend. I was a few years younger then!

Been off the bike for six months and made about 1100 for Kevin. I had a few aches and pains when I got home, but I'm old as dirt and tore my left knee completely up. So yes that knee bothers me for a few steps after a long haul.

I love the busa, so yes my view is slanted. :thumbsup:

The longest I had gone is 300 miles with one stop. I was sore the next day. Rode with a bunch of Harley riders from work.

All it takes is seat time. The Busa goes anywhere. From CA to the Canadian border on the east side of GNP for example, click for a small slideshow.

th_IMG010Small-1.jpg

Last edited:
the first 500 miles is the easy part. It gets interesting when you try to crack 1k miles in a day ;)

The most I've managed thus far is 700, mr. tobin helps a lot :)

Been off the bike for six months and made about 1100 for Kevin. I had a few aches and pains when I got home, but I'm old as dirt and tore my left knee completely up. So yes that knee bothers me for a few steps after a long haul.

I love the busa, so yes my view is slanted. :thumbsup:
you thawed out ok then? :) Props to you and Naomi... that was hard core..

You should talk to Sleeper_Red --- he's put over 36K miles on his Busa in a year --- and we're talking 700 miles/day sometimes :bowdown: --- that boy is one ridin' fool! :thumbsup: He's done the raised handle bars and says it makes an longer ride more comfy ---

Glad you rode 400 without incident --- I've ridin' about 150 miles in one shot without feeling it.... but I ride street all the time. :beerchug:

400 miles is a sprint:) My Busa is stock including the seat, but it fits me. A lot of people do some comfort mods including seat, bar risers, and pegs.

Congrat on your ride.
My longest ride was from MA to FL last year.
Left @ 6AM on a Thus. Stopped every 140 or so miles to fillup/eat/hydrate.
Stayed overnight in N.C.
Got to Jacksonville by 6PM Friday.

This year might be TN.

like others said, it is just about getting your body in shape to handle the miles...i find the more i ride, the more i want to ride and the easier it gets :beerchug:

Back