First long ride of the season

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Like everyone else, I've been waiting for a nice day this spring. Today started out cool, but I layered my gear and by noon I was tucking the cold riding gear away. I think we hit 65 today, tons of bikes out, perfect day to get reacquainted with my Busa...

I left my house at 9 a.m. and returned around 4:30 p.m. I was chasing a Honda Blackbird and a BMW 1500 all day long, mostly back roads, very little traffic, took a ferry then more scenic riding along the water...7 hours and 200 miles later, I learned that I haven't ridden in a long time. My right shoulder is killing me :( But, what a great day!!

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

ForumRunner_20130407_173340.png

ForumRunner_20130407_173355.png

ForumRunner_20130407_173405.png

ride.jpg

Last edited:
VaBusa,
Like you, I was able to get out today...65 deg....3.5 hours...130 mi along the river!!! What a great day in Ohio.

I didn't take any picks thought:banghead:

Everybody and their mother was out riding today!!!

FALQN

The Surry/James Town Ferry I do believe?:whistle: I wish I had gotten out for a ride today , like you Vab's! :bowdown:

I have spent my whole week moving a room mate out, cleaning, fixing, installing a ceiling fan, vacuuming, painting, and getting Linh's room ready for when see is due (it's getting close). I spend all day today spring cleaning, getting the yard, cleaning out the shed, washing the shed, and the car's cleaned. The weather is looking good riding into work in the morning's til Friday, so I 'll get my fix!

Glad to see you out and about Vab's!

Sounds like the best best best way to spend the day. I would have been out all day Saturday but I spent mine digging holes, moving 2 tons of dirt and planting three trees in the backyard. Too sore to ride on Sunday so it was a beer and NASCAR kind of day.

One of the best things about the Southwest is you can ride all year long. There's a couple of weeks where it's too cold but Mo Nature always throws an occasional 55 degree day in there and sometimes a 65.

Glad you were able to get out and play. This weekend was great for a season opener. :thumbsup:

Glad you had a good days riding.:thumbsup:

Went out for a ride a couple of days ago, not for long though, a bit to cold.

The Surry/James Town Ferry I do believe?:whistle: I wish I had gotten out for a ride today , like you Vab's! :bowdown:

Indeed! I'll post up the route we took just to get there Tim...I've discovered, via the help of my buddy that rides a Blackbird and lives toward Richmond, that there's a stretch of Rt. 14 to Rt. 360 that is so much fun, and slightly scary at times (I felt the back end of Caesar break loose just once, then I realized it was my first ride and I needed to get comfy again before I acted like I slay corners LOL). I took Omar on this 30 mile stretch of fun last fall and he loved it. We head to Rt. 360 then take back roads down to Surry and get on the ferry. It's a really fun route, only 200 miles, but it takes the bulk of your riding day with a few stops to stretch and maybe lunch...

One day, you'll have to head up my way and we'll take you there :thumbsup: You'd love it!

I know you and Karen are extra busy getting ready for Linh!! I'm so excited for you both!! :cheerleader:

Rained all day here :banghead:

I liked this post, then I disliked it :laugh:

Sorry :( I know it's felt like it's taking spring forever to get here...the reality is we'll go from winter to summer in a week. I am already dreading the humidity that'll hit here soon enough :banghead:

Busa, BMW, and Blackbird...all in silver. Great weather and riding, yep that's a good day.

looks like a great day...Lucy is in pieces so i jumped in the cage and went over to bother Busawhipped and Trish for a while and get a bite to eat :beerchug:

IMG_9631.jpg

IMG_9634.jpg

everything i've ever eaten there has been delicious! plus, the company is the best too :beerchug:

Omar and I had the honor of eating there last September as we made our way from KS to VA when he officially moved. We met up with BJ and Scar and I'm sure everyone enjoyed their meal. Mine was AWESOME!! Trish and Dennis were most gracious hosts; wish I lived closer to 'em :thumbsup:

Back