First long ride is the busa.

nectrplnt

Registered
Did 400 miles on my busa yesterday. Blasted through northern arizona in 8 hours. 4 gas stops and 1 food stop. Lookout mountain, prescott, Lunch/bathroom in jerome, Sedona, flagstaff, Lake mary road(amazing),strawberry, payson, bee line hwy, home. My butt is sore but otherwise im good.

100MEDIA95IMAG0279.jpg

100MEDIA95IMAG0283.jpg

IMG00270-20110612-1100.jpg

When I bought my Busa back in May I flew into Chicago from Nashville, Picked bought Busa, and hopped on for the 470 mile journey back to Nashville.

When I bought my Busa back in May I flew into Chicago from Nashville, Picked bought Busa, and hopped on for the 470 mile journey back to Nashville.

Man I bet that ride was awesome and painful at same time lol. Not that the busa is uncomfortable just when I first bought mine it took a few trips to get my knees used to it lol.

Rockethead using Tapatalk

congrats. I love the long rides. 3 of us are taking a 500+ mile trip fathers day. all 2 lane roads and the twistier the better.

Coulda been alot worse-ya could've been on that fugly Crossbones and lost all feeling in your hands for a week!

Man I bet that ride was awesome and painful at same time lol. Not that the busa is uncomfortable just when I first bought mine it took a few trips to get my knees used to it lol.

Rockethead using Tapatalk

I am 6ft 7 @ 245. To be honest the only reason I had to make 6 stops were for smoke breaks and ass relief breaks. My back, wrist, knees were all good.
But I was doing roll on's for the first 100 miles up to 3K in each gear and allowing it to come back down, the next 100 miles I took it up to 6K and allowed it to engine break. After every 100 miles I would pull over allow the engine to cool, heat cycle they say is good during break in. The last 200 miles I rolled it up 8K RPMS in 2nd, 3rd, 4th and engine break back down to 75MPH.
Paid off cause she runs real strong now.
I am thinking about some risers and also the buell peg mod. Seat does suck though.

I have never been over 250 miles. Did that on my stock seat and paid the price. I did 200 yesterday on my Tobin with no butt burn. My knee bothered me but that is to be expected with my busted up knees.

I have never been over 250 miles. Did that on my stock seat and paid the price. I did 200 yesterday on my Tobin with no butt burn. My knee bothered me but that is to be expected with my busted up knees.

gonna get a corbin next week. I wont do that again.:beerchug: thinkin bout gettin some helibars too. just not sure how she will look with higher bars

you won't see the difference but you will feel the difference. Jerome was a great ride, good food also. :thumbsup: Have to get a better seat also, 34k miles and it is not getting any softer. Did 1244 miles in one day last summer, that seat was a little hard, but the heli-bars were great.

Back