First Germany ride

mrjoeys50

Registered
Well I had to take my bike down for an inspection (passed w/ stock mudflap and stock exhaust) and got to ride for the first time in Germany. The road I took had some good curves and also HAD to take the Autobahn :whistle:. Most of the Autobahn has a speed limit (130km), but there are areas that do not. It's crazy going 120mph and not worried about speeding. What is more crazy is me cruising at about 120 mph and getting passed:bowdown:. The Germans drive fast, but these guys respect the road a lot more than we do in the states:rulez:. I'll post up some pics soon. I also plan on getting a cam to show some of the awesome sights. :beerchug:

so the bike made it ok?...after your having to ship it there...

sounds like a good ride..be safe...and enjoy more legal high speeds...lol...we need an autobahn here in NY...lol:whistle:

80 MPH speed limit on most of the Autobahn Eh.?? Interesting..!!
For some reason I thought the whole thing was unlimited. I've often wondered how thick the concrete was on the Autobahn and how often it needs to be repaired.?

Awesome man...I'm envious :)

Post some pics and videos of riding on Autobahn soon...we all are pic crazy, u know that. :D

Some areas of the Autobahn are speed limited at times due to weather conditions and location but open otherwise--- you have digital billboard displays (for lack of a better description) that will show speed limits-- or not-- posted every so often... that's what I saw while over there... People do respect the roads and speeds a lot better over there in my opinion too--- didn't see any road rage while I was there either... Law is though slower traffic stays in the right lane and the left lane is for the folks haulin':beerchug: (don't ask me how I found that out real quick :laugh:)

I was there for a year and a half. I had a turbo 750 (1984 bike). Not so good at 120 mph. The roads are very smooth and from what I hear they were built so well that even when they got bombed in WW2 they could be quickly repaired due to the super duper base under the top layer. Cool thing about German drivers, they ALL move to the right if there os a faster movng car behind them. I swear 9 out of 10 drivers here either don't dknow to move right or don't care. I once passed a fast lane driver here in the states who was log jamming about ten cars by going under 60. When I got around them and pulled back into the fast lane she high beamed me! She would be puleld off the road in Germany! Unfortunatelly there ain't no fixen the drivers here.

Germany would be a pretty cool experience
Posted via Mobile Device

I was there for a year and a half. I had a turbo 750 (1984 bike). Not so good at 120 mph. The roads are very smooth and from what I hear they were built so well that even when they got bombed in WW2 they could be quickly repaired due to the super duper base under the top layer. Cool thing about German drivers, they ALL move to the right if there os a faster movng car behind them. I swear 9 out of 10 drivers here either don't dknow to move right or don't care. I once passed a fast lane driver here in the states who was log jamming about ten cars by going under 60. When I got around them and pulled back into the fast lane she high beamed me! She would be puleld off the road in Germany! Unfortunatelly there ain't no fixen the drivers here.
The majority of drivers in the U.S. couldn't handle any higher speeds, just too many idiots that have no idea what they're doing on the highway, and no courtesy or respect for other drivers. American drivers are really pretty pathetic compared to european drivers in most every way :disagree: They'll hand out a license to any simpleton in america with a test so basic a chimp could pass it :banghead:

The highway there is double the thickness of our highways here and when they get a crack in the road the repair the whole section not just lay some putty over the problem. Just fyi our highways were built to mimic germany after I believe it was Roosevelt was there visiting and came back to the states then passed the bill to have our highways built. But that was way before my time.

The highway there is double the thickness of our highways here and when they get a crack in the road the repair the whole section not just lay some putty over the problem. Just fyi our highways were built to mimic germany after I believe it was Roosevelt was there visiting and came back to the states then passed the bill to have our highways built. But that was way before my time.

It was Eisenhower.

Interstate Highway System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back