First Gen Charging Issues Journey

EchoBase

Registered
I purchased my '06 Busa used.
I had to replace the battery shortly after purchasing the bike.
Not long after the regulator rectifier failed so I ordered and installed an Electrosport RR.
It turned out to be bad out of the box. Ordered another one and returned the defective one.
That one lasted 1 year and 3 months, melted my RR bike side connector, and left me stranded 45 minutes away from home.
Electrosport would not warranty it or give me any kind of discount towards another RR. Well within their rights but they are dickheads in my book. I own my own business and wouldn't turn my back on a customer for something being 3 months out of warranty. So that was technically the 3rd RR.
The next one I ordered was through amazon from china. Cheap but what the hay.
It has bad out of the box. lol
I now ordered a ricks hot shot solid state RR and feel this will do the job well.
I've tested the stator several times and it is within the manufacturers specs.
I am also planing on purchasing a new Lead Acid battery for now and in the future a 12 or 16 Cel Ballistic Lith Batt.
So this will be my 5th RR within two years.
Too funny.

Very exciting day, my Rick's RR arrived.
I first connected only the three stator wires to the RR and tested the output. It was right on the money.
Next I fully connected the RR and it was charging the battery (that needs to be replaced) perfectly.
I will pick up and battery, charge it and they I hope for many happy reliable rides with no charging issues!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

New battery arrived yesterday. I charged it up over night and installed it in the bike today.
Bike starts as it should and the charging system charges as it should also.
Ready for the riding season!

GIXERHP
The RR I have put on there now is using Mosfets so I considered it an upgrade.
Are you saying that what eastern beaver supplies is better?

Back